Need help with Choice of card.........

Taggert_LOA

Modding Addict
Political Access
I am trying to decide between a geforce 4 mx 440 64mb pci or an ati radeon 7500 64 mb pci. my budget is 80.00 max. trying to keep the overall costs under 250.00. So far i have shelled out 131.00 for Mobo, cpu, and burn in with shipping. 18.00 for 300w PSU.

Taggert_LOA said:
I am trying to decide between a geforce 4 mx 440 64mb pci or an ati radeon 7500 64 mb pci. my budget is 80.00 max. trying to keep the overall costs under 250.00. So far i have shelled out 131.00 for Mobo, cpu, and burn in with shipping. 18.00 for 300w PSU.
I would say stay away from anything mx ... but i'm no expert :(

it's only for websurfing, web games, e-mail etc...........

If it's for your Geforce3 Ti rig, don't bother, the Ti beats the **** out of both.

I'd go for the ATi because of brand name, it's not like you'll ever use them to their fullest extent in surfing the web.

no it'es for a rig i'm building, i found one i'm going with....it's an xtasy 9200se 64MB DDR

Hmmm, 9200 and se. Isn't that an oxymoron?

If all you're building is a surfing machine buy a used tnt card for $20.

sorry I don't mean to bash its just that most anyone you ask about gfx cards will say don't get a mx as you can get a better quality card for about the same amount of $.

i am, it's the only one in stock where i'm going. but i can go either way, i'm not picky

the geforce 4 mx 440 isnt a bad card
its like 40$ ive picked them up for OEM
they run good
can run most games smoothly unless u run high res and hig detail etc... its not a gaming card but its a decent card for the price

3 quid? i ilve in america dude i'm not paying out the ass for shipping charges for what i can get @home.

There are GeForce4 Ti4200 64MB flavors on NewEgg for 80ish, if you want to spend a few dollars more.

The thing with MX is, older versions anyway, it is/was not fully compliant with newer versions of DirectX. They also have slower clock and memory speeds. They are fine for websurfing, e-mail, or the occasional frag-fest -- but you won't see blazing FPS.

Taggert_LOA said:
it's only for websurfing, web games, e-mail etc...........

Well get either of them then...they'll both be fine for just that. Dont make this in to a drama...buy either and be happy!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back