Need help with Choice of card.........

Taggert_LOA

Modding Addict
Political User
I am trying to decide between a geforce 4 mx 440 64mb pci or an ati radeon 7500 64 mb pci. my budget is 80.00 max. trying to keep the overall costs under 250.00. So far i have shelled out 131.00 for Mobo, cpu, and burn in with shipping. 18.00 for 300w PSU.

Xie

- geek -
Taggert_LOA said:
I am trying to decide between a geforce 4 mx 440 64mb pci or an ati radeon 7500 64 mb pci. my budget is 80.00 max. trying to keep the overall costs under 250.00. So far i have shelled out 131.00 for Mobo, cpu, and burn in with shipping. 18.00 for 300w PSU.
I would say stay away from anything mx ... but i'm no expert :(

If it's for your Geforce3 Ti rig, don't bother, the Ti beats the **** out of both.

I'd go for the ATi because of brand name, it's not like you'll ever use them to their fullest extent in surfing the web.

sorry I don't mean to bash its just that most anyone you ask about gfx cards will say don't get a mx as you can get a better quality card for about the same amount of $.

celticfan11

OSNN Senior Addict
the geforce 4 mx 440 isnt a bad card
its like 40$ ive picked them up for OEM
they run good
can run most games smoothly unless u run high res and hig detail etc... its not a gaming card but its a decent card for the price

devynal

The Idiot Circus Boy
There are GeForce4 Ti4200 64MB flavors on NewEgg for 80ish, if you want to spend a few dollars more.

The thing with MX is, older versions anyway, it is/was not fully compliant with newer versions of DirectX. They also have slower clock and memory speeds. They are fine for websurfing, e-mail, or the occasional frag-fest -- but you won't see blazing FPS.

Teddy

Boogie Nights...!
Taggert_LOA said:
it's only for websurfing, web games, e-mail etc...........
Well get either of them then...they'll both be fine for just that. Dont make this in to a drama...buy either and be happy!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut