Need Help with a Webcam (Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000)

Gordon

OSNN One Post Wonder
Thought this was just a web cam forum, but hoping some of you smart folks can get me going here.

Bought a Microsoft LifeCam VX-3000, & it's "Help" seems to tell me little. Anyone know of a good place to get educated about web cam usage? ONE of my problems is that the settings for brightness, mirror image, and all that stuff has a save button that "pushes", but it does not activate choices. Help says to click OK, but there is no OK button!

Another head scratcher is when I add a contact to it's Windows Live Messenger, and I have tried MANY, it always tells me that the Instant Messeging address you entered is not valid, but I know better, as they all work in AIM.

Also, the microphone, and video buttons activate only one at a time!

I guess I can't try this until I can get it to accept a contact. And, I am wondering how, and if I can use the cam in AIM.

Sorry about all the questions, but would greatly appreciate any answers!

Gordon

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back