Need help reinstalling ie6...

G

GaMMa

For some reason I was dumb and decided to install the Cox HSN ISP software.. It scrwewed internet explorer up beyond belief... I'm on WinXP and I want to know if there is any way to reinstall it without reformatting... I tried to download the ie6 install file, but it says that i have a more current version than the one I'm dling.. what should I do?

I heard that some people booted to safe mode, then, ran the IE 6 install .exe...but I am not sure, because I haven't had to reinstall my IE 6. You might want to try booting to safe mode.

:p Saerch MS tech pages, also se my post regarding reinstall of IE6:p

Right what you do is....

Goto;

Control Panel > Add and Remove Programs > Add/Remove Windows Components (left side) > Un-Check the box beside IE6 > Reboot

Do the same again but check it and it will restore original IE6

Maybe try windows update?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back