NEED HELP QUICK!!! please help!! HURRY

B

Bubbabyte

i used a program like Logon UI, except instead of a logonui.exe i used a explorer.exe by accident. My computer reboooted and i'm stuck in the System Account....i cannot open any programs or it will say (not enough quota to run this application) the only way i got on here is because windows update opened up.....then i went from there....i need to switch explorers back......there has got to be some pro's here that know some back alleys through windows......i cannot open up system restore.......i put in my xp disc and it iwll not install......i tried booting from my cd rom...but it own't upgrade the installation it will just delete everything i have and do a fresh one.......please help......
where can i find a back up of explorer.exe
when i first log in to the system account.......it says something about it can't find /status what does that mean..and how can i change that......
i need help bad......

you'd have to get into windows explorer...then goto your windows dir then system32...then the dllcache dir and use the explorer from there..hope it helps man =o(

I'm not sure what your problem is. You corrupted your explorer.exe file?

put your XP disk in the drive and open a command window. Type sfc /scannow. Hopefully it will replace anything that's whacked and give you your computer back.

You can open a command window from IE by going to File> Open> Browse (select 'all files' for the search). and look for the 'cmd.exe' file in your 'system32' folder.

thank you so much

Thanks soooo much to everyone that helped out with my problem......i'm back up and running.....what a weird mishap.....i couldn't open anything.....i was stuck in the admin account....Lonman i tried what you said, but i kept getting the same message.....not enough quota to run this command! so i threw in the xp disc and booted from the disc......it gave me the option of a clean install, or repair.....so obviously i picked repair....well what that had in store was to reboot and run a repair from inside your account......well that wasn't gonna happen.......so i tried again booting from the cd.....and after about 5 tries and reading every little thing the setup said........i found that if you pick clean install......it checks your discs, blah blah blah......but just before it goes to the clean install it gives you one more choice if you want to repair.....so once again i picked yes.....and it worked...deleted all system files and copied new ones.......
one big problem when all this was happening was that while in admin account i could open explorer....(you could only have one program open at once....and it seemed explorer was one of the only ones) i thought i could just copy from the dllcache to the system folder.......well that worked perfect....only problem was.....the settings couldn't be saved...lol.....there was no shut down button......and the log off button didn't work......
how weird is all this..........

lesson to people out there......no matter hoe qualified you are with computers....shit can happen, and it usually does.

thanks to everyone that tried to help out........i really REALLY appreciate it......

message to Mods.....i'm really sorry about all the repeat messages on all forums......i apologize

I'm glad you're up and running. I guess some things just aren't covered in the textbooks, lol. :D :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back