NEeD help on Dell Laptop. Volume control doesnt work on keyboard

I

iForceTundra

i have just installed Windows XP Pro on my Dell Lattitude CPx , and it works great the only problem is that it would not let me adjust the volume from the key board.

To adjust the volume on a dell laptop you have to hold a key that is blue in lettering called "Fn" and press "page up" that controlls the increasing volume and "page down" to decrese it.

EVer since i installed win xp the only way to adjust volume on it is by master volume and/or through the WMP or winamp volume. If it is a driver how and where do i look? if i found a driver website wat do i type in the search bar to get the right driver i am loooking for ,

thanks

If your laptop came with the restore disks, look for the one with the drivers on it. Put it in the CD Drive, go to device manager and highlight the keyboard - right click and upgrade the driver. If it won't install, take it through the driver installation manually (assuming you find the keyboard drivers on your driver disk so you can pinpoint that location to install drivers from).

Also, go to the Dell website and look for driver updates for your multi-media keyboard.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back