Need help (not hardware)

ming

OSNN Advanced
Hi, I would like to ask those who know a bit about Retailing and computer softwares relating to Retailing.

Does anyone know what a 'Z' Read is?
I know that it's to do with the end of day summary for transactions or something like that, but can someone explain it in a little bit more detail please?

Doing an assignment, and would like to mention this thing in it, but need to know what it is in more detail before I add it.

Thx

what retail company are you reffering to? it can have different functions in different software. if a standard POS software it is an end of day report for all transactions.
what it prints out is how many you sold of a product how much cash, credit, and checks you took in, and how much you are supposed to have for the day, ie, if you did 100.00 cash, 50.00 checks, 200.00 credit card, and 50.00 in gift cards or certificates it will give you a breakdown of each card ie, visa, mastercard etc, and tell you how much for each. and then it gives you a total amount for all. but it also itemizes all the transactions like what was sold in every order, it can get really long. some of the ones i've had took about 10 minutes to print, and it came directly from the register. hope it helps.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back