Need help installing XP Pro

My system currently has XP Pro. . .I am going to install XP Pro (got it through that MS promotion for $40). . .

I am just wondering the best way to install it. . .w/o wiping out my files and programs. . .

thanks.

This is what i'd try (no gaurantee it will work). Back everything up that you don't want to lose in case you need to go the format route.

From your new cd, copy the setupp.ini file from the i386 folder to the i386 folder of your corporate edition (assuming it's still on your harddrive). Follow this guide for changing your cd key. This may or may not require you to activate... i'm really not sure on that point.

This 'should' be a safe experiment that won't cause any fatal errors, but if it does then i'm deleting this post. j/k... let us know if that's a viable workaround when you're done.

Iceman

OSNN Veteran Addict
Originally posted by Lonman

This 'should' be a safe experiment that won't cause any fatal errors, but if it does then i'm deleting this post. j/k... let us know if that's a viable workaround when you're done.
LMAO

covering all the bases ain't you Lonman?

it should work by the way, now that I think about it....

:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut