Need help. I deleted the recycle bin

G-Money

Big Air
OK... some history...... I did a reg. hack that lets you re-name the recycle bin from the decktop just by right clicking on it.

( [HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\ShellFolder]
"Attributes"=hex:70,01,00,20
"CallForAttributes"=dword:00000000 )

Thats the hack...... Well There is also a option to delete. Well drunk ass me clicked on the delete and not the empty option.

How do I get it back.... I already have XP to show system files and I can see the recyler folder with the icons in it. I could always make a shortcut, but it not the same ... When you goto change the Icon in the Display Properties.. Well it doesnt change.

Any help out there ????

:cool:

Open up your registry and make your way here:-
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}\ShellFolder

In the right-hand side double-click "Attributes" and change the numbers to:-
50 01 00 20

Thanks to Dirk Diggler.

Did that already !!!! :mad:

And restarted... still gone !!!!!

:(

PS.. Im 40% gay !!!! :confused:

I did a restart and had pressed F8 and click on the one that says Last Know Boot that worked..... something like that....

Still gone......

:mad:

I do have Drive Image Pro. It worked great on 98 (FAT32). I could re-install windows in about 10 min...

Now that I have XP (NTFS) it doesnt work with this file format !!!:mad:

Just my luck !!!!!!!!!!

thats NOT a system restore I don;t think... go to start>programs>accessories>system tools>system restore and go back to a prior date and get it back... its simple really... unless you were really clever and turned off system restore to save disk space or something :D

if that happened... do the following... FRESH INSTALL lol... I dunno any other way to get it back if you can restore the bin from the registry per xsiv...

just do try out the system restore and it should work...

Thanks... system restore worked...... Bad thing is , Im going to have to re-install a bunch of programs.. Oh well.......

Thanks dudes..........

:p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back