NEED help finding vid card

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
ok near the middle of setpember i am gonna buy a new video card. but what one, i need something that can do 3d work like maya and 3d max good but still b able to play games good. i was looking at the ati 9800128 and the nvidia 5900128 but would it be usefull to go to 256 becase of thelarge textures from 3D creation??? i got a total of 900$ to spend but canadian funds

Originally posted by canadian_divx
ok near the middle of setpember i am gonna buy a new video card. but what one, i need something that can do 3d work like maya and 3d max good but still b able to play games good. i was looking at the ati 9800128 and the nvidia 5900128 but would it be usefull to go to 256 becase of thelarge textures from 3D creation??? i got a total of 900$ to spend but canadian funds

if you are working in 3d situations.. professional like... I recommend getting either the 256mb version of the desktop cards... or getting quadro FX or fireGL cards from nvidia/ati respectively...

currently nvidia has the upperhand in professional support for openGL... and if that is what you will be working with.. it may be better for you to buy nvidia...

the ati cards are a little slower... but a lot cheaper...

the 256mb would definitely help... especially where large amounts of textures are being used... it reduces swapping... therefore keeping framerates high :)

I d get the 128 Radeon 9800 pro or the 256 i have teh 128 AIW tis awesome

So do I ( especially PowerColor ) but don't forget what Sazar said : " or getting quadro FX or fireGL cards from nvidia/ati respectively... "

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back