Need help deleting explorer32....

Codasmd

Old School XPeriencer
It appears to be a trojan horse that I picked up on Kazaa.

It is in this location: C:\WINDOWS\system32 and I cant delete it.

When I reboot, I see a quick flash of a dos window and then tiny firewall asks me if its ok to allow "explorer32" access to so and so at someplace.

When i try to delete it says that it "can't be deleted because it is currently in use".

A small bit of info on it can be found here.

boot up in safe mode and try to delete it from there,

to boot up in safe mode: press F8 right after the bios screen appears, might have to push it more than once.

hope this helps, good luck :D

Thanks guys. I got that little fugger in safe mode.
I tried the taskmanger way too, but it wasn't really running so I couldn't really get to it that way.

I also found an explorer32.pf file in C:\Windows\Prefetch in case someone else runs into this problem.

Now on searching I can find nothing related to explorer32, no ms-dos window during boot, and the tinyfirewall does not seem to be annoyed by it.

Thx

Remember

Trojans can use a different name each time they execute, you may still be infected.

Sharpton Out

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back