Need Help Asap. Windows wont start!

CONSTANTINE

OSNN Newbie
Last night i uninstalled and then reinstalled photoshop and for some reason that messed up my computer. I restarted and got a invalid boot.ini error and then it goes into windows but all i see is a cursor and nothing happens. I checked the hard drive and it does have errors and i rebuilt bootcfg but still nothing. All i want is to get my pictures off that thing! help!

Well, If you know that the Windows is that pooched no matter how you try to resucitate the boot manager, about the only other way now is to slave the Hard drive in another machine, remove all your important stuff and do a fresh install.

Welcome to OSNN!!!!!!

Heeter

Thanks for the fast reply Heeter. Yea im realizing that more and more but will that be possible to do if i put it as a slave on another computer? Or even install a fresh copy of winxp on a hard drive and then put my messed up hard drive as a slave? oh and i just realized, i had a converter on this hard drive so its SATA but if i put it as a slave on an IDE calbe will it work?

Windows will pick up the drive, assign it a new letter, and list it.

Your second option sounds like a good choice.

Sometimes, you will enable it in the disk mangler, but it happens pretty rare. You don't lose files doing that. Never done that to me.

Heeter

To my understanding, AM

He has tried that, as well as the Recovery Console (bootcfg), to no avail.

Heeter

Thanks again heeter. I hooked the hd as a slave and as we speak im burning all my data onto dvds. I owe you one! :)

No Problem,

Glad your part of the team here,

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back