I got through about race 60-something in a good 10-12 straight hours of playing, but by that time I was beat and couldn't take anymore... I finished it in about 3-4 days because I was kinda burned out after playing it so much the first night... I do, however, agree that all the tracks look too much the same.. I also have an issue with the fact that brand names make jack for difference in the game; they only unlock stickers. Whoopity-doo. Also, performance mods come in "kits", which I'm not a big fan of either. It's a great game overall, but it could have been better. I don't think it quite lived up to the hype, to be perfectly honest.
i have Need for speed underground and i think it is a gret game. Perfect for people who like to tweak up their cars like what i hope to do when i finally get one . The graphics are pretty good except its just unfortunate for the graphics on the menu screen, because of the low screen resolution. But all in all, it is a really good game in my opinion. When actually racing, the graphics are great and i like the water effects from the puddles
There is just one big downside to the game though i thought. Its unfortunate that they didnt have an inside view of the car with the steering wheel and stuff whilst racing. I thought that would be an amazing touch to the game, playing as if your inside your modded car
We love Need For Speed Underground it is a fantasic game my only complaint is they did not use anykind of anti-cheating software for the on-line mode which sucks just too easy to use the 200mph reset and crap from the trainers. But other than that its great !!!
They've had something like 3 patches out now... however, EA never seems to provide releaes notes with their patches so nobody has any clue what their patches fix... I've noticed the same thing with Madden 2004... I think that's pretty lame
- Fix UG Mode Completion, players can now change cars in UG mode once
completed (allowing cars with TJ parts to be changed post completion)
- Fix many cheats/trainers
- Improved cheat detection functionality
- Fixes to rep points lost using NOS In bad latency situations
- Fixed some hardware issues
- Scenery Deinstancing - will help increase framerate
- Issue with black screen instead of movies in min. install if the user
removes CD before movie starts playing
- Issue with micropauses on machines with low physical memory
- Issue where sometimes the game hangs if the CD is removed from Cdrom
when going in/out of the game/FE.
- PC Registration - Server error after completing the survey.
- Various stability fixes for the game
- Windows Me Autodial on Startup
- Reverse / Distorted Manufacturer Vinyls On Golf And Lancer
- Graphical Corruption Using The Rear View Mirror
Looks like a good patch.. i like the sound of the increase of framerates
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS