Need for Speed PU

scriptasylum

OSNN Senior Addict
Before anyone says anything, let me say I DO OWN A LEGAL copy of this game.

Does anyone know where I can get a no-cd patch for this game to work under XP? It's a pain to drag out the CD every time I want to play, not to mention the wear and tear on the original CD. I could make a copy of it, but still have to keep a CD out and ready.

This is only one of the few games I have that I use Win98 for. If I could only fix these last few, I can finally migrate totally away from 98 once and for all!!!

http://www.gamecopyworld.com

(read the notice on the site if you plan on yelling at me for giving out sites with game cracks)

**EDIT: Just noticed thay dont have the game your looking for.. check your PM's for better, yet less legal link :)

Thanks Shawn319,

I don't think anyone will be mad (hopefully). Plus the cracks are useless unless you have the game to begin with right?

no, my copy of half-life is really a friends. i just borrowed it, did the full install, and downloaded the crack

Well thats true, but most pirated games dont work without a crack.. which is why i'm sure the good folk here dont like cracks :)

Oh. Well, I could take a picture of the original CD with me sitting near it and post it here if it would make anyone feel better. :)

or you could get that nifty program where it fools the computer into thinking you put a CD in the drive, when really its just an image on the HD. but that wastes HD space, but hey, if you really like the game and don't want to spend any money....

hello...
I am just like you in the sense that cant stand having to fumble through cds to play a game. I have many games which i bought from the store, not anything illegal. I'm way to paranoid to download a program and run it on my pc, i'm even weary about music, i like to buy what i need to be sure that i get what i want and nothing else hehe.

So there are 2 things you can do..

1)I used to have a program made by symantec (norton) that made virtual copy's of the games onto the harddisk. And anytime i wanted to play a game, i selected it from a list instead of pulling out the cd. That was fine until i got alot of games, because the virtual cd is actually an exact copy of the games itself but it tricks the game into thinking its runnig off cd. So If you have enough hard disk space to fit all the games you play, then wouldn't be a bad idea.

2)Game cracks for people that don't have unlimited harddisk space for gaming. I really don't like using these but i will after i have inserted the games over, and over, and over and just get fed up and annoyed. But scan them with a virus program before you use them, highly recommended. I get my cracks from this site...

http://www.megagames.com/gcracks.html

and they havn't let me down yet, i havn't came across any virus's and they work every time with no hastle. BUT SCAN THEM ANYWAY!

Hope this helps

Thanks everyone!

The crack from megagames.com worked ok. The weird part is that it didn't used to, that's why I put some games on 98. For some reason, now it works in XP. Weird.

I use the midtown madness crack for the same reason.

I see the idea behind the scheme, but it isn't practical. I could use CloneCD and make an exact playable copy, I just don't want to be forced to load the CD every time.

I must admit, I have downloaded games before. Usually there is stuff missing like movies. Also, they compress the sounds to mp3 and decode them again (or similar scheme) when installed but there is sound quality loss. So, I stopped doing that and just go out and buy the stuff. It's not really that expensive considering the amount of entertainment you get out of it.

Yeah, I know. NFS-PU does work fine in XP, but when I used the no-cd patch it would just hang at the start screen and there would be tons of HD activity until I end-tasked it. So I put it on 98 instead. Now, I'm trying to get rid of that crappy OS totally so I'm trying whatever I can to get all my games to work in XP.

Arrgh! NFS-PU works fine until I use the no-cd crack. I've tried all of them out there. I've even tried different compatibility modes with the crack:

None = starts, but HD keeps thrashing just when it should go to the options screen.

Win2000/NT mode = same as above

98/ME mode = works fine, but dumps me to the desktop just before the screen where you actually drive.

95 mode = same as 98/ME mode.

So, I guess I'll be forced to not use the crack and create a cloned CD and keep that in the drive all the time or keep win98 :mad:

ssimilar here

Originally posted by scriptasylum
Arrgh! NFS-PU works fine until I use the no-cd crack. I've tried all of them out there. I've even tried different compatibility modes with the crack:

None = starts, but HD keeps thrashing just when it should go to the options screen.

Win2000/NT mode = same as above

98/ME mode = works fine, but dumps me to the desktop just before the screen where you actually drive.

95 mode = same as 98/ME mode.

So, I guess I'll be forced to not use the crack and create a cloned CD and keep that in the drive all the time or keep win98 :mad:

I have the same problem using Nfs5 with the no-cd crack on XP. Computer hangs when going to the Controller menu. Maybe somebody could help us out!

hey elroacho hope u read this, tried 2 pm u.

in ur tag u have this @ mo:
http://eldepot.net/miscpics/q2q3banner.gif[img]

it need's 2 b this 2 work m8!!!!!:
[img]...........q2q3banner.gif[COLOR=darkblue][/COLOR]

(notice the [/img] i has 2 have the / 2 tell it that's the end of what u were writing)

q2q3banner.gif

see?
hope u get this:D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back