Need For Speed: Most Wanted

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
I finally got the game and can't wait to dig in and start playing. However, I need to get a game pad of some sort (or a steering wheel) and speakers first which will be a Christmas present to myself.

I have the "Black Edition". I'm not quite sure of the differences between the two versions (besides the included DVD).

What are other players of this game using for a game pad or steering wheel? What is recommended?

I know *there* was a thread for this game but it was lost during the fujistic fub-up.

Any thing else a new player should know?

I use the Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2. It has worked great for me. I have finished the game twice now. As for speakers, I recommend Logitech for those also!

I have used my MS Force Feedback 2 joystick, and my saitek RF gamepad... I would say the joystick was easier to use but in all honesty I found the keyboard to be the easiest to control. Maybe I just weird like that but it seems to be more controllable for some reason.

I also played it on my friends Logitech Momo racing wheel.. and it was quite squirrelly and would whip out of control VERY easy... so I guess its just a matter of opinion. I would suggest "test driving" the input device you want to use before you buy it.

I installed the game and tried it out for the past hour. The game is awesome.

I had to use the keyboard at first and finally an older Logitech Dual Action controller. Both of which seemed very difficult to control the car (over steering and such).

Does your Logitech Cordless Rumplepad 2 make it easier to steer? How is the battery life?

I use a logitech wingman gp force feedback wheel for all car games ... and its great.

The battery life is great on the cordless controller. In the game you should be able to change the sensitivity for your style of driving. I could never get used to a wheel. I think it is because I have played with radio controlled cars too long.

i am using and xbox controller, I bought a converter for 10 bucks on ebay, or you could just make one. My boss uses and xbox 360 controller

The one thing I hate about EA games is that you don't have the ability to choose where you want the saved files to be.

I don't want the NFS Most Wanted folder right off my Documents. Does anyone know how I can change the location of this folder?

Last edited:
The savegames are located in the following directory:
C:\Documents and Settings\<User>\My Documents\NFS Most Wanted\

And in my case "D:\Documents\NFS Most Wanted".

I want to know how to move that to a different location. I didn't phrase my question correctly.

You might be able to find it in the registry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\EA Games

or the equivilent EA key?

sometimes EA tends to bury software keys there. If it there you could always try searching the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE branch?

I wish it were that simple. I already looked through the registry.

I found a temporary solution: hiding the folder. I sent a request to EA to see if there is a better way.

I'd still like more feedback on who is using what when it comes to a game pad or joystick. I've read bad things about steering wheels with this game.

I started playing the game today and it is simply awesome. I am going through the challenges and what fun! I still feel that my gamepad (Logitech Dual Action) is too sensitive with turning and it can easily make the car go out of control if you push too much on the analog.

I also found a couple "cheat" codes, one of which adds the Castrol GTO and other adds a Burger King track. Even though it doesn't go with the game it would be neat if you could use a big SUV for some of the police chases (such as a H2).

Are there no more MS gaming devices for the PC?? Can't find one anywhere.

EA recommends Logitech anyway (because of the analog sticks). I just don't know which one to buy.

The Logitech Cordless Rumplepad 2 was recommended above, but I know a lot of others here *were* playing the game so I wanted more opinions.

I can't get passed one of the toll booth stages, but this game is fun as heck!

I looked at the rumblepad 2 (wired) but it seems to only have 4 main buttons instead of the 6 that I'm used to on my old MS pad.

Saitech P2500 Rumble. Corded.

I use map features for alot of different games too. Nice. Only complaint is the lack of four top buttons, makes some games like GTA hard to choose what button to use where.

That looks nice. Have you used it with NFSMW?

I'll be honest though, I really like the top four buttons (I use them for shifting, nitro, and back cam view).

I'm not a huge gamer so what do you mean by "map" features?

Alternate key mapping, like when a game doesn't support controllers. You map the w button to forward on the controller with the program they provide, and load it when the game loads. I have used on MOHAA, and BF 1942 as the controller support isn't provided or sucks.

I used it on the demo. I have as of yet to procure my copy of aforementioned PC game, having almost completed it on PS2 while on vacation.

I can't get passed two of these time trials. I ordered the Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2. We'll see how that one works out.

My hands hurt from trying to beat those time trials.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back