Need For Speed: Most Wanted

Yar, the time trial suck.

Use your NOS after you hit second gear on the first takeoff to gain speed rapidly, then after each corner to bring speed back up.

I just got the game too. Will have to try it out when I get back to Cali next month. :)

Its a pretty good game :).

At like 20% at the moment. Sucked using the keyboard at first but I got use to it. I wish I would of got a Graphics Card for x-mas because mine studders once in awhile and thats with everything turned down :(.

Runs great on my PC and I don't turn every thing off. However, I still want a new video card (might buy an X1800 or wait for the X1900).

I bought speakers (Logitech 2.1 Z2300) and a new gamepad (as well as another Plextor 716A DVD burner).

According to the manual you can be a cop in the black edition. I haven't figured that out though.

madmatt said:
Runs great on my PC and I don't turn every thing off. However, I still want a new video card (might buy an X1800 or wait for the X1900).

I bought speakers (Logitech 2.1 Z2300) and a new gamepad (as well as another Plextor 716A DVD burner).

According to the manual you can be a cop in the black edition. I haven't figured that out though.

I have a Nvidia MX440 :(

I sorta want to get a new card but then again my amp in my blazer is starting to go and I rather get a new amp even though I can afford both but I want to start saving up money for getting my Blazer fixed up to look and run like it was new :laugh:.

I threw my manual away on accident so I didn't know that you could be a cop :|.

Steevo said:
Saitech P2500 Rumble. Corded.

I use map features for alot of different games too. Nice. Only complaint is the lack of four top buttons, makes some games like GTA hard to choose what button to use where.

Agreed, it does make GTA harder - have to lash out to the keyboard for the horn and such. So long as handbrake, and driveby keys are mapped on the Saitek, s'all good. ;)

My vote is for the Saitek, my logitech broke (overuse likely, great controller as well)

Tittles, I read it wrong. The Black Edition has an exclusive pursuit challenge. I thought it said you could hone your skills as a cop.

I already purchased the Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2. If it doesn't work out well then I will move on to the Saitek.

madmatt said:
Tittles, I read it wrong. The Black Edition has an exclusive pursuit challenge. I thought it said you could hone your skills as a cop.

I already purchased the Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2. If it doesn't work out well then I will move on to the Saitek.

Ahhhh...icic.

I still have yet to get spike strips and helicoptors and all that. I have only gotten road blocks and up the the SUV cops. I let myself get chased for ever and thats all I get.

OK, if I get a gamepad... which of the following two Rumblepads would be better? Wired or Wireless?

Also, do they both have shoulder buttons?

Tittles, I've seen spike strips once and had the Rhino SUVs after me. Plenty of road blocks. I haven't started my career yet though, I've only completed 13 challenges. I can't get passed number 14.

ming, if by shoulder buttons you mean top trigger buttons then yes. I went with the cordless (but I have a 5.8GHz phone).

madmatt said:
Tittles, I've seen spike strips once and had the Rhino SUVs after me. Plenty of road blocks. I haven't started my career yet though, I've only completed 13 challenges. I can't get passed number 14.

ming, if by shoulder buttons you mean top trigger buttons then yes. I went with the cordless (but I have a 5.8GHz phone).

Yeah I am doing my career. Wonder if they don't come during career? Either way its a fun game.

Tittles, they do. There are six levels of pursuits. Spikes are used in levels four and up. You can view what level you are currently involved in by looking at your "heat" level. I don't know what level six entails because I didn't want to spoil the game (I guess it's the last task you have to complete).

I want to see what the supercharged SUV looks like (it's supposed to be bigger than the normal SUV).

Mastershakes said:
Agreed, it does make GTA harder - have to lash out to the keyboard for the horn and such. So long as handbrake, and driveby keys are mapped on the Saitek, s'all good. ;)

My vote is for the Saitek, my logitech broke (overuse likely, great controller as well)

I found a controller that looks just like a PS2 knockoff at Wal-Mart for $10 last night that has the four top trigger buttons. GTA style, sniping and drivebys here I come!!! Kinda sticky though, mebey it will break in.

ming said:
OK, if I get a gamepad... which of the following two Rumblepads would be better? Wired or Wireless?

Also, do they both have shoulder buttons?

I have come to prefer wired actually. No batterys to mess with, or go dead during play, and with USB extension cable you can sit anywhere and play. I used to play on my TV for some games, and it worked out nice.

Steevo said:
I have come to prefer wired actually. No batterys to mess with, or go dead during play, and with USB extension cable you can sit anywhere and play. I used to play on my TV for some games, and it worked out nice.

yeah, i'd go with wireless only if there were more than one improvements/advantages over the wired version. (excl. being wireless)

Good point. I wonder when Logitech will come out with a game pad that is wireless and has a recharger/base.

Get this

Abit AN7 v1.x (BIOS 19, NVidia NForce Drivers v5.10)
Athlon XP 3200+ (Running @ 2.2Ghz w/400FSB)
Crucial PC3200 1Gb DDR RAM (2x512MB, Dual Channel)
Leadtek Winfast A400 GT TDH (v81.95 Forceware Drivers)
Maxtor 40GB ATA133 HD
Hitachi 120GB ATA100 HD

Still on rank 4, xbox360 ver (which I guess may as well be the xbox ver)
So nice to be able to play it lying in bed tho :p

Man, just been looking at OCUK to buy my gamepad and they overcharge customers for low value items. :(
Example: They charge you £5 + VAT for an item which is £6.75. That's outrageous! Not only that, they don't even offer anything other than Next Day delivery (which arrives at your doorstep 2 or 3 days after placing the order).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back