Need For Speed Carbon Coming in November

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
EA announced today that Need for Speed™ Carbon is in development and will hit the streets this November. Developed by EA Black Box in Vancouver, British Columbia, Need for Speed Carbon delivers the next generation of adrenaline-filled street racing and will challenge players to face the ultimate test of driving skill on treacherous canyon roads.

"We pride ourselves on our ability to reinvent the franchise and continually uncover new and exciting trends in car culture. Canyon Racing is a real test of a driver's skill and we think it provides a fantastic game play opportunity to lean into," said Larry LaPierre, the game's executive producer.

What starts in the city is settled in the canyons as Need for Speed Carbon immerses you into the world's most dangerous and adrenaline-filled form of street racing. You and your crew must race in an all-out war for the city, risking everything to take over your rivals' neighborhoods one block at a time. As the police turn up the heat, the battle ultimately shifts to Carbon Canyon, where territories and reputations can be lost on every perilous curve. Need for Speed Carbon delivers the next generation of customization giving you the power to design and tweak your crew's cars in every way using the ground-breaking new Autosculpt™ technology. Represent your car class, your crew, and your turf in Need for Speed Carbon, the next revolution in racing games.

Need for Speed Carbon will be available for Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Wii™ as well as the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Xbox® videogame system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube™, Nintendo DS™, Game Boy® Advance, PSP™ (PlayStation Portable) handheld entertainment system, PC and mobile.

Source: EA Games (Need For Speed)

Mobile? Good thing i got the 2GB card for it :/

I can't wait to play it, I really missed the tweaking from Underground 2 when I played MW. This has MW WITH Undrgr2.

Need for Speed Carbon will be available for Xbox 360™ video game and entertainment system, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, and Wii™ as well as the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, Xbox® videogame system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube™, Nintendo DS™, Game Boy® Advance, PSP™ (PlayStation Portable) handheld entertainment system, PC and mobile.

Is there any gaming platform missing from this list? :p

Melon

NFS series is a huge let down. Ever since Porsche Unleashed it went downhill.

I disagree. I loved the latest installment (NFS MW) until I got bored (which happens with any game I play -- except Return to Castle Wolfenstein).

I will aggree that Porche Unleashed wan't a great release but still was alright.
Other than that. I loved all other NFS titles. Can't wait for the others to come.

I'm still on MOst wanted trying to get up to Razor.. I need the bounty and can't seem to get it without getting busted.:speechless:

NFS series is a huge let down. Ever since Porsche Unleashed it went downhill.

werd.gif

It's not the realistic and the ricey cars make it kind of lame. Street Racing games FTL.

It's not supposed to be realistic in a driving sense. Heck, the way I drive in the game it's no wonder I'm not dead.

EA Games has announced the first 12 cars that will be featured in the game.

• 2003 BMW M3 GTR
  • 2006 Porsche Cayman S
  • 2006 Nissan 350Z
  • 2004 Lamborghini Murcielago
  • 2006 Ford Mustang GT
  • 2007 Audi Le Mans Quattro
  • 2004 Lotus Elise
  • 1998 Toyota Supra
  • 2006 Alfa Romeo Brera
  • 2006 VW Golf R32
  • 2005 Mercedes CLK500
  • 2006 Chrysler 300C SRT-8

EA Games has also released a few screenshots of the game, some quite impressive.

http://www.ea.com/nfs/carbon/us/theater.jsp?media=screenshots

NFS Carbon has arrived. I plan on stopping at the mall tomorrow to pick up my copy. From what I've read the game kicks butt.

I stopped playing MW after becoming number 5 in the game for the reason you described.

Think I am number 4, got 2 mates at work - one has finished it the other needs to beat Razor :eek:

I don't know how they did it. The police chaces got so difficult and I could never beat the time trials down the stretch.

Well I am sure they both just went to the bus station and sat on top of the buses in the end :p

Worked to some extent and was pretty funny, was also eventually quite easy to escape when the cops blew themselves up so much they couldn't get line of sight on you.

Long live AI

so i gave the demo a shot. it ran like crap on my D820.. and my gaming PC is not running...(OSx86 mishap.. lol) but it was not fun at all. It was just like I expected: totally unrealistic, over the top, and simply not fun. Another NFS game fails to impress... but way to go EA for luring millions of kids into shelling out $50 to play it, simply because of the franchise.

I've read the full version is a lot better than the demo is/was. EA did this on purpose.

Well.. thats not a good idea. Because it completely dissuaded me from buying it! lol

I've read the full version is a lot better than the demo is/was. EA did this on purpose.
If this is indeed the case, I'd be curious to know the rationale behind that decision. :D

Aren't game demos meant to give you a preview before you buy? If the demo was deliberately sub-standard, what made them think people would go out and spend money on a game that could be just as bad? Sounds a bit odd to me.

I don't know why they would have done that. A friend of mine said the graphics in the full, retail version blew away those in the demo. He said performance was also better.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back