Need electronic component help...

Anakist

Way too much time here...
Need help.

I want a thing (sorry, best describing word I can think of), that will act like a switch when a signal it passed through it and activate another circuit. It cant be a relay because I dont know why. The Scenario is this:

Want to put leds into my speakers. Going to rewire them with three core stuff (gnd, speaker signal, +5 ot +12v) and use the "thing" to turn the leds on when the speaker is working.

If it will be in series with the speaker I want as little resistance as possible.

If it is in parallel I want as high a resistance as possible.

The voltage to the speakers changes (volume) so I need something that is flexible with supply voltage. I think it will be up to 12v but havent checked yet.

I am thinking something like an op amp or some type of transistor, but dont know what type. Any help will be appreciated and I will post pics afterwards if anyone is interested.

James

James,
I'm not really sure if this is what you want, as i'm not really into speaker mods lol
But this page seems to be full of info, products and links regarding the kinda stuff you are into.
There's a contact email on the site, i'd try mailing him your requirements.
I'm sure looking at the site, he'd know exactly what you're after. :D
Let me know if this's in the right direction m8 ;)

think you might need a Mosfet type of system for that

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back