• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Need electronic component help...


Way too much time here...
Need help.

I want a thing (sorry, best describing word I can think of), that will act like a switch when a signal it passed through it and activate another circuit. It cant be a relay because I dont know why. The Scenario is this:

Want to put leds into my speakers. Going to rewire them with three core stuff (gnd, speaker signal, +5 ot +12v) and use the "thing" to turn the leds on when the speaker is working.

If it will be in series with the speaker I want as little resistance as possible.

If it is in parallel I want as high a resistance as possible.

The voltage to the speakers changes (volume) so I need something that is flexible with supply voltage. I think it will be up to 12v but havent checked yet.

I am thinking something like an op amp or some type of transistor, but dont know what type. Any help will be appreciated and I will post pics afterwards if anyone is interested.

I'm not really sure if this is what you want, as i'm not really into speaker mods lol
But this page seems to be full of info, products and links regarding the kinda stuff you are into.
There's a contact email on the site, i'd try mailing him your requirements.
I'm sure looking at the site, he'd know exactly what you're after. :D
Let me know if this's in the right direction m8 ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Latest member