• Samsung

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • LG

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

LeeJend

OSNN Veteran Addict
The old Maddog (benq) seems to be dying (burn results falling off and read is getting twitchy) and I'm in the market for a new burner. Went through the cdfreaks recommendations and newegg customer comments and got a bad feeling about everything.

Best at cdfreaks was 80% approval. 1 in 5 is not good odds. A lot of complaints about DOA's and noisy drives. Considering I have to look at the light on my old one to see if it is spinning this is discouraging. I'd go Benq or Maddog again but Compusa is gone, Frye's is a 2 hour drive and CC/BB have no selection.

Every brand seemed equally bad. And a lot of unit to unit variation in quality on lite-on and samsungs. Media tolerance had a lot of variation too.

Sooo...
Recommend Burner Brand and the media to go with it.

Please base recommendation on recent experience only.

I set it so you can pick more than 1 favorite.

Thanks.

well.. i have a sony and no problems so far... but, it is a lite on actually :p

btw.. i always use verbatim for media (diff manufacturers) and 0 problems with this one or with my hp cd-rw drive

oh.. yeah, dunno bout the dvd drives, but i had this hp cd recorder for years and few to zero problems (one incompatibility with a nero version one, but its solved)

edit: oh, i almost forgot... had a samsung before, and it died before the year of use :(
wouldn't recommend it

I have never had a problem with any of the Lite-On drives I have had.

Lite-On updates firmware fairly regularly for media compatability or whatever.

I don't even know what kind I have, but I have always heard good of Plextor, and well Pioneer is Pioneer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back