Need Comcast Self install files

shoulin

OSNN Addict
I lost my comcast self install cd and im looking to set up my gf's comcast, i was wondering if anyone had an iso or some image of that comcast self install cd that they could send me, as i do believe it is freely redistributable since they want all the customers they can get.

if any one could help me let me know or if it is a small iso send to

thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
any way to get it from comcast?

i guess i will call em in the moring, i just thought one of the geeks :squareeye here might have one sitting arround ready to be made into an iso :nervous:

Why would you need them? Cable is plug-n-play so you shouldn't need to install their crappy bloatware.

First off, I took out your e-mail address to save you from massive amounts of spam ;)

Secondly - as madmatt said you don't NEED the CD to do anything. Initially, they just need to activate your modem and then you are good to go. If she received it through the mail, along the lines of a self-install package or something, she just has to call them. They will ask for the MAC/Serial number off the modem and then you should be good to go.

Although, I have seen an increasing amount of instances (but not always) when the CD is needed. I think that does some low-level programming of the device, but not entirely sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back