Need Antivirus recommendation, for network

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hey all,

Pick your brains on this one. Client of mine finally is coming around to want to spend money on a proper antivirus setup.

Here is the network setup at the office: 12 older Dell workstations, all Win2000Pro, 1 new File/DHCP Server Win2003, 1 newer Dell workstation XPPro (Boss's, go figure), and one older Win2000Pro machine being used as a gateway.

I am thinking Sophos, since it can be installed on the server, and monitor all the workstations from there.

What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance,

Heeter

Well I would go with if they offer a corporate version of your choice in anti-virus software. Outside of that I would suggest Symantec Client Security

NOD32 Enterprise Edition. I would take that over Sophos.

Interesting attachment is posted for your reference

Attachments

• How does yours compare doc.pdf
    101.3 KB · Views: 91
Thanks KC,

For the heads up.

Heeter

heeter i agree with kc nod32 is the way to go. but the office you describe is fairly small, would they be prepared to spend THAT kind of money?

This is something that I am approaching them with later this week.

We will be discussing prices then, I do have other networking issues to resolve when I get there.

I did finally convince them to move from GNU licence to paid licence concerning the antivirus.

I am looking at the ESET website, and there is nothing for less than 5 servers plus workstations

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back