Need advice on replacing my Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe

A

answ3r

I have a AMD XP 3200 that uses a Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe. However recently my computer stopped working for no apparent reason.

After some troubleshootin I have placed RMA for the CPU and MB with AMD and Asus respectively.

As anyone that tried to return products with this two manufacturers probably knows, both AMD and Asus have an appalling RMA service.

So after both of these manufacturers refused to repair their products I decided that it was the time to change.

I decided that if I have to buy a new motherboard for the AMD XP3200 it certainly wont be a Asus one.

This is where I need some advice, does anyone knows what motherboard should I get to replace the Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe

Thanks in Advance

I never had trouble with ASUS - I did with MSI - so maybe try Abit yourself? Hope you do not pay any premium for your needs though if they are the older socket and AGP - maybe try Ebay if you feel brave? Or a barebones could be another WTG....

is asus's customer support really bad?

What do you want in a motherboard? Do you want the best overclockability you can get, or do you want all kinds of bells and whistles or do you just want a cheap vanilla board with nothing on it except what it needs to run? :)

I suggest that you go back to when AXP's were around and look on anandtech for good reviews on motherboards and see what they recommend.

I've had bad experiences with every top end brand. Now I buy the cheapest POS I can get. If it sucks I throw it away and get another. If it works well. DAMN am I happy! :)

A buddy who does the same just bought a feature packed SLI Jetway for cheap. Man is he happy. Works flawlessly. He and I usually get stuff like ECS or PCChips and have had less problems than with the Gigabyte, MSI's, etc. we've had.

It's all a crap shoot if you're getting a good board. Day ot the week/month it was made, end or beginning of a produciton run, new workers at the plant, supplier dumping substandard parts, etc. Never buy a board made the day after Chinese new years...

lancer: what tech support ISN'T bad? i don't think i've ever had a worthwhile tech support experience from any company i've had to talk to. even tryin to figure out a minor problem with my Gateway monitor (the little image showing which monitor input it was recieving signal from would stay on screen for a lot longer than normal)...... the first things they told me.... were what just about every company tells you to try right off the bat. reset your BIOS. last i checked, monitor settings aren't part of the BIOS.

from lancer
"is asus's customer support really bad?"

from my experience yes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back