Need Ability to Control Pages Viewed While Online Tests are Taken Remotely

Andre9570

Drift On...
My company needs the ability to control pages viewed while online tests are taken remotely. I was thinking that an java program or some type of applet can load to handle this situation. Are there any program that we can load with the test or some other solution. Thanks for any input

Andrew

Thread titled modified.

My company needs the ability to control pages viewed while online tests are taken remotely. I was thinking that an java program or some type of applet can load to handle this situation. Are there any program that we can load with the test or some other solution. Thanks for any input

Andrew

Sounds like you just need to cut off the ethernet until the user is done with the test, no web pages at all :p.

There is a tool named SynchronEyes which can block internet access on the local machine and is used for remote access when someone is logged on, it is used in schools.

Your other best bet is to have a C++ or VB program, which when run will change the DNS servers to servers that only serve requests for a few websites, and all others will be re-directed to a page saying access denied. This however can be changed back by the user if they want to.

How you make it work is up to you, I wish you good luck.

One question, what company is this for?

he said the online test are taken remotly. ie the tests are online. hehe.

Cant you just use content advisor and block everything except the online test?

My company is an University and Venom is correct the tests will be taken online. So we dont have control over every pc that will be used when taken test.
Content Advisor: the one inside IE?

Thanks for the input guys

If a remote program can turn on this content advisor, it means the local user has permission to do so, in which case a student can still bypass it by changing that content advisor. Besides, what about people that run FireFox instead?

So I was thinking that some web applet could be loaded from our end that can monitor or full screen the test.

So I was thinking that some web applet could be loaded from our end that can monitor or full screen the test.

You could give it a try, users are innovative when it comes to finding loopholes to be able to do what they are not supposed to do in the first place.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back