need a script

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
my wireless card is really buggy and everytime I launch from either standby or sleep it's not working

rather then a reboot I launch device manager, go to the wireless card, the driver, disable then enable

that gets me back on

can somone write a script doing all of that with one click?

would appreciate it

perris, is this an XP box? Win2003 can use the "netsh" commands in a batch file.. unfortunatly, netsh doesn't work to enable/disable the devices in XP.

In XP, you can look at using devcon (use with caution - for help, look here)

Either that, or you could go and write a VBScript/PowerShell script that uses WMI to call the W32_NetworkAdapter Class to disable and enable the NIC (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q311272).. If I get a little time later today, I can try to whip something up - but no guarantees I'll find time today or this weekend..

If I don't get something together, send me a PM later next week to remind me..

perris, is this an XP box? Win2003 can use the "netsh" commands in a batch file.. unfortunatly, netsh doesn't work to enable/disable the devices in XP.

In XP, you can look at using devcon (use with caution - for help, look here)

Either that, or you could go and write a VBScript/PowerShell script that uses WMI to call the W32_NetworkAdapter Class to disable and enable the NIC (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;Q311272).. If I get a little time later today, I can try to whip something up - but no guarantees I'll find time today or this weekend..

If I don't get something together, send me a PM later next week to remind me..
tiz vista but I'm pretty sure xp commands will work

thanx fitz

How about changing the power configuration in the device itself? It seems that because this is coming out of standby or sleep, that this needs to be adjusted, to wakeonLAN. you should be able to adjust the settings in the device management>device properties> advanced tab.

How about changing the power configuration in the device itself? It seems that because this is coming out of standby or sleep, that this needs to be adjusted, to wakeonLAN. you should be able to adjust the settings in the device management>device properties> advanced tab.
I don't have the option for "wake on lan" anywhere I can find in the advanced tab but I did find "allow turning off to concerve power" which was clicked, I unclicked, this might be the problem and will report back when I find out if this worked or not

"radio off if disconected" is set to 0 and I think that's right, there's nothing else I see that is germain

ps, I searched the google and the marvel site and can't find what "turbo mode" is, some people have turned it off for other reasons, anyone know what that does?

so changing "power off to save power" "almost" worked

before when I woke the computer device manager simply said outright the device wasn't working, I then disabled and re-enabled

now device manager "thinks" the device is working even though it can't see any networks that I know are there so I have to disable and re-enable anyway

ps, I searched the google and the marvel site and can't find what "turbo mode" is, some people have turned it off for other reasons, anyone know what that does?
I believe the "turbo mode" is some kind of compression that is suppose to allow you to get more bandwidth out of the "g" band then normal. I don't think everything plays nice with it though.

I believe the "turbo mode" is some kind of compression that is suppose to allow you to get more bandwidth out of the "g" band then normal. I don't think everything plays nice with it though.
I did some research and it supposedly gives about 20% more bandwidth overall in best case scenario's, will try disabling that next

Script for VIsta, does not work for XP/2000.

http://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/mobilized-software-development/topic/53786/

Have not tested it myself, I'm on the desktop and going to get the laptop is too much like work for a Sunday morning... :nervous:

Error in the first script on the page. There is a comment missing the VB comment symbol '
should be 'and here is the

thanx for the link, now to figure out how to make that script germain to my card, marvel topdog, I wrote it it just as device manager sees it but that didn't work

I can tell by the applet activity that the device manager is trying to turn something off but can't find it

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back