need a program that will tell me what type of video card is in an old machine

D

Daniel Rossi

Hi everyone,

I'm in need of some sort of program that is able to probe one of the family friends old Pentium 75 Machine, it runs windows 95 and everything is onboard, i have built up lots of computers bla bla bla and i cant find nething on the motherboard whatsoeva as to what the video card is so i was wondering if there is any type of program that is able to tell me what the video card is soo that i could download the appropriate drivers for it.

any help given is very much appreciated... Thanks in advance :) ;)

You would have a better shot at finding such a program in Applications...

Moved by PseudoKiller

If it is a name brand pc (Gateway, Dell) then you should be able to input the serial # in their website and find out. I don't know if they will have what you need for an old system like that, but it is worth a try.

Originally posted by Daniel Rossi
Hi everyone,

I'm in need of some sort of program that is able to probe one of the family friends old Pentium 75 Machine, it runs windows 95 and everything is onboard, i have built up lots of computers bla bla bla and i cant find nething on the motherboard whatsoeva as to what the video card is so i was wondering if there is any type of program that is able to tell me what the video card is soo that i could download the appropriate drivers for it.

any help given is very much appreciated... Thanks in advance :) ;)

probably an Intel or Sis based onboard gpu...

control panel > system > hardware doesn't give you some idea of whats there ?

thanks ill try n c if there is anything on the manufacturers site and in the system properties it just says standard graphics adapter

I tried looking on www.nec.com.au as it is a "Nec Powermate V75" and i cant find anything whatsoever anyone got ne ideas???

thanks ill try n c if there is anything on the manufacturers site and in the system properties it just says standard graphics adapter

ok... I was wondering coz I had onboard on my old compaq... and it was an sis chipset... :)

g.luck checking out the manufacturer site.. it should have your info right ther.e.

i found a support site on nec for something other than computers and its search engine actually found what i wanted!!!! i couldnt believe it

i found a support site on nec for something other than computers and its search engine actually found what i wanted!!!! i couldnt believe it

sooo... what was it :)

no suspense please :D

i luv suspense lol i tried the first driver i found which was for an alliance chipset and it ended up workin coz i now get more than 16 colours lol :p

A program that I use to tell me the specs and info on a computer is AIDA32, its free. Just do a google seach for it. It may help you in the future.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back