Need a new laptop

Not in the UK I can't.

If there is a Dell UK outlet setup, you can look there but other than that, no options than new :(

LeeJend said:
We just got a bunch of new HP/Compaq business machines at work. I got to listen to the IT guy bitch about how many they have had to replace already. MB failures are damaging the HD and RAM.
thanks for the backup man, so many peopld dont believe me, i have a friend that all his dad buys is hp, laptops, desktops u name it. for like a long time now, and recently his laptop's dvd writer died, and it isnt that old ad well as he had to replace the battery. he trusting me now and wants the acer ferrari

The prices and the services and the overall build quality leave a lot to be desired.

What are the specs on the items wrt weight/battery life and the rest.

Need to know some more information about these Dell Coupons - Dad's going over to Canada for a couple of weeks so would be a great opportunity to take up this deal.

Wanted to know first and foremost if the Dell Coupon Deal works in canada - i.e. will they ship the item to Canada ? Secondly whats the best coupon deals that go down? I think I spotted one which was along the lines of $750 off on an item over $1899.

Lastly anyone have any ideas how long on average it takes Dell to deliver goods ?

Thanks.

MdSalih

yea try acer, dell, sager i dont mind these laptop brands, but acer is the coolest one :cool:

Not a big fan of Acer here. That brand tends to be cheaper quality and the support isn't as good as Dell's.

I don't know about the coupons in Canada... just for the record. :)

what about the ibooks, but they dont fit in the gaming category but just a thought

iBook is no good for me - the programs I will be using are windows only.

I've decided to buy an Inspiron 6000 from Dell USA - I've got my configuration done it's around $1400 - thats with the 34% off offer which ends on Wednesday - sadly i won't be able to take up that offer as I've yet to orgainse someone to recieve it in the USA and ship it to the UK - have everything crossed that there will be another $750.00 off coupon coming out in the next couple of weeks.

Wonder if Sazar can get me any inside information :D

MdSalih

I'll let you know if I spot any deals on the 6000 in the coming weeks. :)

muzikool said:
Not a big fan of Acer here. That brand tends to be cheaper quality and the support isn't as good as Dell's.

I don't know about the coupons in Canada... just for the record. :)
check out the acer ferrari 4005 and 4002 and say that again, dont think you will be able to

iceman7311 said:
and i don't want to start an argument but wouldn't amd be better for a laptop because of their cool and quiet that would extend battery life?
The Pentium-M is designed to be a mobile processor. SpeedStep is essentially the same thing - the frequency fluctuates depending on CPU load, reducing power consumption as necessary. Laptops with the longest battery lives generally use ULV Pentium-M CPUs. :)

i also plan to get a laptop. Waiting for Windows Vista come out before I buy one. I want to ensure it laptop can support windows vista, dont know what the spec will require for new OS.

I dont recall the model #, but Toshiba put out a very nice machine with a pentium m that could be overclocked slightly to enhance performance without overheating (althought it might not be good for the procesor in the long run). I know a kid I work with runs unbuntu on his and absolutely loves it. Check out Toshiba's website. I believe he got his at bestbuy for $1000 or something.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back