Need a good rpg to play

T

toxicity

Can anyone recommend any good rpg for pc that i should look into. looking for something with a pretty good story line as well

- dungeon siege is easy ...
- baldur's gate II is a long one if you want sumthing that'll take u ages...

i don't play that many rpg's so i dono really :p

you could try Grandia 2, available for PC also
it has a very good story, and a great battle system

Everquest - Had me hooked for 2 years
NeverWinter Nights - Had me hooked for 5 months

Skazz

What Grandia 2 and Skies of Arcadia about? they have sites or something i can look at?

if you're looking for an rpg...neverwinter nights is a must have. single player is great, but multiplayer rocks!

Never winter nights is linier and lackes depth in my opinion.
I played it up to chapter2 and couldn't stand it any more so I loaded Morrowind and was completly hooked.
The original Buldurs Gate and Tourment are very good as well.
NWN feels like it has been made for first time RPG players or to be ported for console consumers.

hmmmm.....maybe ill get back to morrowind. i was playing it for a while before i formatted, but got lazy to replay cause i lost all my saved files.
I hope freelancer comes before the break. then i look into that. hehe
thx for the sugestions guys

Buy a Gamecube, and get Zelda: Wind Waker when it comes out

Neverwinter Nights is a good bet as single player is very good but multiplaer is simply amazing! Single player does lack the polish and depth of the baldurs gate series even perhaps the icewind dale series. D.S. is more linear and lacks much more depth than NWN and is basically a Diablo clone with henchmen and bells on.
As for morrowind it is a very dull game compaired to the bioware ones as it fall short by having poor by comparison rules and just generally races and history.
But what is comes down is gaming style you have a few different groups.
First is basically FPS in rpg format eg morrowind
Next is 3rd person rpgs such zelda (though non pc :() and hack and slash such as diablo
then there are 3d games like DS and NWN with some minor henchman activity.
and finally full on party games like which are all the older bioware games such as fallout 2 baldurs gate 2 and iwd 2.

Take your pick
(as already mentioned nwn online is soo much better than single player!)

Morrowind is good. and tribunal expansion for morrowind. Hella nice graphics, countless quests, you can go any where like around the world travel to nice ass places and i mean anywhere and u can do anything u want, and has a nice story line. U get to create your own character.

Grandia II is a great RPG.
The Legend of Zelda series is the BEST!
Final Fantasy series also rocks! :D

rpg? im still having wayy too much fun with Tony hawk 2 on regular ol' PS. your piggy banks must be GYNORMOUS!:blink:

Rogue Spear
Ghost Recon
Conflict Desert Storm
Splinter Cell
Rainbow Six
Unreal Tournement
Half Life
Max Payne
The Sum Of All Fears

Originally posted by lechtard
Rogue Spear
Ghost Recon
Conflict Desert Storm
Splinter Cell
Rainbow Six
Unreal Tournement
Half Life
Max Payne
The Sum Of All Fears

Err they ain't RPG's :p

Skazz

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back