need a good program to rip my rolling stones cds into mp3s

R

Rexy

i'm looking for a good quality and good compression program to rip audio cds into mp3s.... or a better encoding u have in mind (must b able to play it in WA2)... would b a much easier way to listen to the rolling stones while working on my pc.:happy:

Originally posted by Rexy
i'm looking for a good quality and compression program to rip audio cds into mp3s.... or a better encoding u have in mind (must b able to play it in WA2)... would b a much easier way to listen to the rolling stones while working on my pc.:happy:

CDex is great, and FREE!

EJ :blink:

agreed, CDex, top program. Does the job and at a nice price to (ie: free) :)

Re: Re: need a good program to rip my rolling stones cds into mp3s

Originally posted by Elroy Jetson
CDex is great, and FREE!

EJ :blink:

thnx for the very fast reply :happy:
i'll try that cdex.. that what i thought to try as i saw it on the LAME (mp3 encoder) website but i wanted to ask too... thnx for the advice

Re: Re: Re: need a good program to rip my rolling stones cds into mp3s

Originally posted by Rexy
thnx for the very fast reply :happy:
i'll try that cdex.. that what i thought to try as i saw it on the LAME (mp3 encoder) website but i wanted to ask too... thnx for the advice

You're welcome! :)

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
agreed, CDex, top program. Does the job and at a nice price to (ie: free) :)

Speedy - have you found a good substitute for the cddb, which is not really working (license expired?), and the freecddb which does not have all the albums? I read about some winamp workaround somewhere, but that is too much work for me. Oh, I am still on v1.4

Thanks, EJ :blink:

Nope :confused:
I seem to have problems with CDDB on virtually every app i use tho, they must not like me or something. :p

talking bout those services (CDDB), is there an app to rename my ripped mp3s to their proper name just like winamp or other audio apps can rename their shown name on the playlist when u play from a cd? also it'll b nice if the program (or another program) could also arrange all of my mp3s in folders and such according to their id3... just like kazaa shows ur shared files in categories by artist, album & song title.

Sigh...

Well if your going for quality use Exact Audio Copy (www.exactaudiocopy.de)

I have never even heard of that other program listed above.

This is probably the best Audio extractor out there. Don't understand ? Well check it out for yourself. And be sure to encode in LAME as it is better the FHG.

It does everything you want. Rips at low, or even high speed (if you choose for high but high speed rips are bad on any program). Shows you peak levels and quality levels compared to the original CD, and encodes in many formats. It also fills in track names, years, and everything else you might need in the name and ID3 tags.

Any questions ? Ask away

I havent had any problems with CDDB / gracenote, they have been fine for both WinRIP and PlayCentre 3, the latter I try not to use as its too bloated, but WinRIP is OK

Use Exact Audio Copy to rip cd's: www.exactaudiocopy.de (it also uses FreeDB for naming and it still works, or you can download the whole FreeDB database to your computer [great for dialup users])

Use Lame version 3.90.2 : www.hydrogenaudio.org for encoding {i cannont say it enough, use the --alt preset switches}

Use MP3Gain www.geocities.com/mp3gain for eliminating clipping from mp3's

For renaming, tagging, adding to folders etc, try these programs

Helium2
Mpeg Audio Collection
Tag
Tag and rename

If you really want to try high quality, check out the MPC format

I use Easy CD Creator Platinum to rip my cds. It works really well and good quality. I never used anything else.

I cannot say this enough. If you care about getting a rip without skips or pops or any other anomalies, use Exact Audio Copy. It is the only program that can make a (near) perfect rip. Read the website www.exactaudiocopy.de EAC will allow you to get a rip from a cd that has so many scratches, no other cd player will play it back.

If you have a plextor drive, plextools *may* be able to get you better results.

if you need to organized your MP3's, go to www.moodlogic.net and it works as a plugin to winamp. its free if you'll do some work, and it'll take your mp3's and check them against its database and fix them, or if they're not in the database, you can do it manually, and it'll be all pretty. i've done my entire mp3 colletion that way.

One word and one word only:
EAC !!!
it will do what mentioned above - it will also make copies of the cd's ;)

I have tried cdex and it is nice - I always go back to eac though . It's free also (well actually it is postcard-ware)

Originally posted by lechtard
One word and one word only:
EAC !!!

I dont care! I am not an audiophile and please dont use such large text, and also we read your first post about EAC you dont have to keep going on about it. People have seen it and will check it out if they want to

eac is good... as is cdex... been a long time since i last used cdex though.

i used to have a hacked audiocatalyst which used LAME encoder... it was awesome... one of them things though... lost it in a format :(

i tried the original audiocatalyst and it isnt anywhere near as good.

Originally posted by Geffy
I dont care! I am not an audiophile and please dont use such large text, and also we read your first post about EAC you dont have to keep going on about it. People have seen it and will check it out if they want to

Hmmm ... O.k - I guess some people are't as much into it as me - then those people are the ones who use he xing crap such as Audio Catylist, Audio Grabber, Slurp, and Real Audio Jukebox, and EZPC Crasher while thinking they are the best ones for the job lol :D

and it was'nt a form of sarcasm or ignorance with the big text - it was a form of excitement .. then I guess you did'nt know that either :D

Originally posted by lechtard
Hmmm ... O.k - I guess some people are't as much into it as me - then those people are the ones who use he xing crap such as Audio Catylist, Audio Grabber, Slurp, and Real Audio Jukebox, and EZPC Crasher while thinking they are the best ones for the job lol :D

and it was'nt a form of sarcasm or ignorance with the big text - it was a form of excitement .. then I guess you did'nt know that either :D

It was big and all caps which indicates yelling and yelling loudly

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back