need a good program to rip my rolling stones cds into mp3s

well!

well if u dont mind forking some cash over i love musicmatch jukebox! i used to use cdex when i was a newbie. is it faster than music match? i forgot now i get around 17x ripping what would i get on cdex? well ill have to try it soon.

you can not have a reliable, error free rip and also have it be fast. Same goes for mp3 encoding, the higher the speed, the lower the quality.

i rip at up to 24x and my mp3's sound perfect

the quality and errors do depend on what kind of condition the cd is in.

i have a few old cds that when i rip mp3's from them they have ticking noise throughout them.

but it doesnt matter how good a ripper is if the cd quality is poor youll still get errors.

Originally posted by computerfreak76
i rip at up to 24x and my mp3's sound perfect

the quality and errors do depend on what kind of condition the cd is in.

i have a few old cds that when i rip mp3's from them they have ticking noise throughout them.

but it doesnt matter how good a ripper is if the cd quality is poor youll still get errors.

They may sound perfect on your PC / Stereo speakers, but it's hard to get a good copy with such a high rip speed. Plus using such a high speed on a damaged disk will produce a music file that sounds like crap.

I rip at 3x - 6x in EAC and even CD's that have scratches all over them come out sounding just as good as the original in a High End Stereo.

Originally posted by Geffy
It was big and all caps which indicates yelling and yelling loudly

Dude I have ten yeard of PC experience - I think I know what large caps mean ;)

@themafia_69 - I have music match 7.5 pro, it is nice but not that fast for ripping and it don't use lame ..

regarding high speed ripping, I have never seen a degrade in performance, nor have I heard or seen a difference in quality. I do audio professionally, both in a club and radio, which is REALLY freaking picky about audio quality. I perfer to use lame encoding, but there are some programs you can only use FHB, which to me, I can hear a differance. But thats me. My 2 cents.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back