Need A Good FTP Program

C

Cooperman

I need to transfer some large files with my brother.
We are both on ADSL and i would like to know if there is an easy to setup and use FTP program that we could use to transfer files between us.
Tried to use Yahoo Messanger etc. but this has a limitation on file size so is of no use to us.

well to transfer back and forth between you two, both of you are going to have to run a ftp server, the two biggest ones are BulletProof Server, and Serv-U.

then you will need a ftp client software like Cute FTP, or FlashFXP

anyway that should get you started

cool.gif

Agree, Bulletproof for a server. Cesar FTP is also a good server. Cute FTP is a good client, I use WS FTP for client.

bulletproof = server and flashfxp = client ...works well

Serv-U is rather nice, I use it. CuteFTP is more or less friendly and really easy to use.

I though I might bump it up, either the starter of the thread forgot, or doesn't care to come back and reply...

Thanks for all the replies.

I will try using Bulletproof for a server and WS FTP for client.

Have downloaded these and have just got to set them up.
Wont be able to set my brothers machine up just yet, so i will let you know how i got on when i manage to set both machines up.

To try and see if my FTP setup works, could i use my laptop on dialup connection and my main system on ADSL and communicate between the two machines as though i was miles away etc?

Originally posted by Cooperman
To try and see if my FTP setup works, could i use my laptop on dialup connection and my main system on ADSL and communicate between the two machines as though i was miles away etc?

If the FTP server was set up and running on the main computer then yes, any computer could connect as long as they username/password was correct for it.

A less complicated option is to get ICQ and you can send any size you like and it has a resume option if you get dc'ed or something next time you send the same file it resumes where it left off ...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back