Need a app to disable computers

C

Comptech

Ok here is were I am coming from. I run a PC repair service. All was good till recently. All of a sudden I am repairing machines for 'friends or freinds of freinds'. My problem is getting paid for my work! I know I should be a hard ass and not release a machine until it is paid for but I am a softie. All of a sudden I find myself with hundreds of dollars of hardware out there that I cannot collect on. My question is, is there a timer app I can put on machines that will lock it down until I give the Ok to run?

a boot password in the bios. and since they took a computer to you, they wont know that they can simply take the battery out of the mobo.

if they look at ntfs.org

If they were smart enought to look at NTFS they wouldn't be paying someone to fix their comp...

Actually I want them to work when they first get them back, but I am looking for some kind of timer that would require a password after a month. That is plenty of time for people to pay. If they paid when they picked up the machine this would not be installed, but if it was a I will pay you friday type thing after a month they would be locked out till they call me and pay me, then I could give the the password to get back in. This is what I am looking for.

I think most norton poroducts will accmpliosh what he's looking for...you know, seem to work for about a month, and then the whole computer slows down to a crawl...perfect

put the norton suite on these boxes, and you're set

*hides*

I would just get them to pay, just call them up and ask them to pay. If they dont, then you can seek alternatives of getting to pay.

Grr...I have that same problem. I don't know of any app that will do what you need it to do. Perhaps a direction to look would be "anti-theft" software, like they use for laptops.

When I build computers for "friends" or "friends of friends", I make them use their own credit cards! HA!!! Take that, you non-paying sons of monkeys!

Don't forget to hire a big guy (preferrably one who owns a bat) with a name like "Luigi" or "Vincenzo".

U should make them pay upfront first. Tell them it's to buy the parts

Originally posted by silky62678
U should make them pay upfront first. Tell them it's to buy the parts

Or tell them they have to pay before they take it away.

Better yet get a big big hardman to go get the money for you :D

ok nice, been there a lot before when i fitst started the company that i run.

not my first concern is if u are a regertered company or just doing freelance,

free lance is always a good way to do this ubless u want to get big. now if u are regestered then putting a peace of software or something to lock then out is illeagle ( well in canada it is) with out telling them about it.

second, even tho they are your friends and u trust or trusted them u still need to kinda be a hard ass about it and not give it to them untill they pay.

third, if u hvae some friends or u have the connnections, and it is a lot of money there are always ways to make then pay. but that is not recomenede unless it is a lot of money.

u can just ues peer pressure to get them to pay too, that alwys works. other than that i dont know.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back