Need 2 reinstall DirectX 8.1A, SP1 screwed me up

HellyHans

OSNN Addict
Ok, this is what happened, during the WU, it was installing SP1, and during the install, it crashed. Think that my CD key is not valind.. anyways. Now, when I got to the DirectX folder, I dont have anything in it!?! That little program is gone. And I know SP1 installs DX8.1b so, I'am sure it removed my directX and crashed before installing the new one... so I'am screwed.

Is there a way to reinstall directx 8.1A from the installation CD?

thx:confused:

Go to the MS website and get a copy of Direct X 8.1b

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/downloads/drx81.asp

It should fix that problem, but if the XP1 installer crashed, and you think it deleted this then you probably have other issues as well.

As far as I know SP1 doesn't just crash when it finds a bad serial it gives you an error message. You might try running SP1 again.

don't work, I've tried.. tried running the auto update... doesnt update.. Downloaded SP1 full (133 megs) same thing, during install it reboots and then tries to connect to the web.. and of course don't let it..cause I don't connect myself, and also my firewall tells me it's trying to connect. And after it says that my serial is bad.. I know it's not good.. it's that FCKGW one.

so there's no other way to reintall DirectX? any other way to install SP1 ? I'am sure there's a way.. it's impossible..

i think you must first get yourself a legit copy of xp and all your troubles will dissappear.... ;)

yeah,well that's what I'am gonna do I guess.. but euhh.. Can I still Download DirectX 8.1B without getting SP1??

dunno would like to know it 2. psychic51 the link you gave is not for XP do you know where you can download a XP-versioin??

M$ says that we have to Download SP1 to have the new directX.

Cause the only D/L options are for Win 98-me and 2000... that's why.. pretty weird.. And DirectX 9 is supposed to come out.. I know it's useless unless you have that new ATI card, or a the new Nvidia card that's gonna come out in Feb. I think..

but there has to be a way to reinstall from CD, it's unthinkable.. dam you M$...Daaaaaammmm youuuuuu.. lol :D

there is a way to reinstall the original directx from the xp-cd. Just use the attachment...

Yeah, hey...why not install a release candidate of DX 9? It should be final any day now so you wouldn't have to worry about it going invalid. Then when DX9 is out, just update it. If that doesn't work, then you have more problems than just DX9.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back