nec 3520 :D

FishBoy

Feeeesh
hi i just got an NEC 3520 dvd writer is that any good or is the 3500 better, i gave my 3500 to my dad that's why i got a new one

ND-3520A is the first model in the market who can write both DVD -R and DVD +R in dual layers, which was previously was only possible in the DVD +R9 format. With ND-3520A it is now possible for rewritable RW discs to be burned with the highest speed so far in the market, 8x for DVD +RW and 6x for DVD-RW respectively. The speed of writing with dual layers is 4x.

An amazing 8.5 GB can be stored on a dual-layer disc. The large storage capacity makes the writer suitable for users who wish to quickly and simply store films, music and other volumes of data in a flexible way. A one-hour DVD video can be recorded in six minutes with the ND-3520A, irrespective of the DVD format. NEC also implemented its own developed buffer under run error prevention technology.

The ND-3520 takes advantage of an enhanced version of NEC's own AOPC technology (Active Optimum Power Control), which adjusts the laser effect in real time so as to achieve optimal readability. The ND-3520A is backwards compatible
Source

So you answered your own question.. the 3520 is an upgraded 3500 and is a bit better. :) How much did you get it for?

cryogenic said:
So you answered your own question.. the 3520 is an upgraded 3500 and is a bit better. :) How much did you get it for?
loool that's true i didn't even realize, oh well i also put information for other people to see :D

this is weird i put shrek 2 into my drive and when i selected a thing in the menu my nec did a weird sound like it was stuck or something but the menu didn't freeze it kept on going... how do i find out if my drive is in good shape?

edit: ok now i was playing the movie on power dvd and then i opened dvd decrypter while closing power dvd and it did that sound again, it was doing that scrubbing noise like a printer again

NEC DVD burners are some of the best in general. BenQ are good too. The 3520 should be as good as the 3500. Plus, if you take a look over at cdfreaks, you should be able to find custom firmware that will tweak the drive, or even turn it back to a 3500.

dreamliner77 said:
NEC DVD burners are some of the best in general. BenQ are good too. The 3520 should be as good as the 3500. Plus, if you take a look over at cdfreaks, you should be able to find custom firmware that will tweak the drive, or even turn it back to a 3500.
i check on rpc1.org there are no firmware updates yet
and lol why would i wanna turn it back into a 3500

well anyway im replacing my driver with another 3520 tomorrow coz this one is messed it's making noises so i'll update the new one

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back