nec 2510a

seperatist

OSNN Senior Addict
well, i took the plunge and bought this dvd burner from newegg.com. i hope it turns out to be a good drive.

my friend gave me a spindle of 25 memorex 4x dvd-r. are they any good?

Depends who makes them. There are utils to read the manufacturer info off of the discs. Nero will do this.

i guess that means memorex didn't actually make them, they just put their name on them.

my dvd player will only play -r and +rw so that worked out.

That is correct, memorex does not manufacture their discs. As for your dvd player, if you want it to play +R, try looking at cdfreaks.com, there is probably a booktype setter for your drive that you can use to set +R to DVD-Rom. Helps with compatibility.

i was actually refering to my stand alone dvd player but i am going to look into what you said for my computer's drive.

No, i meant for the set top dvd player. You can set the booktype when you burn a dvd so that it is more compatible with the settop boxes.

you know what? i have no idea what you mean by booktype setter. i am dumb.

now i understand. thanks man for all your help. you seem to always be the first to respond to all of my dumb questions and you always have smart and helpful answers.

i've actually repped you so much that i have to rep someone else before i can rep you again.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dreamliner77 again."

lol

You can download a copy of dvdinfo to read the details off a DVD blank.

Fuji also puts their name on other people's media. My favorite DVD anecdote is the guy who bought a 100 pack spindle of Fuji's and found 3 different brands of blanks in it.

let me know how it works...I have the 2500a and there are modded firmware for it to make it into your dvd burner so I can burn dl layer dvds...I've read everywhere it's the same hardware so it shouldn't be too dangerous for me...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back