• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

nec 2510a

seperatist

OSNN Senior Addict
well, i took the plunge and bought this dvd burner from newegg.com. i hope it turns out to be a good drive.

my friend gave me a spindle of 25 memorex 4x dvd-r. are they any good?

seperatist

OSNN Senior Addict
i guess that means memorex didn't actually make them, they just put their name on them.

my dvd player will only play -r and +rw so that worked out.

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
That is correct, memorex does not manufacture their discs. As for your dvd player, if you want it to play +R, try looking at cdfreaks.com, there is probably a booktype setter for your drive that you can use to set +R to DVD-Rom. Helps with compatibility.

seperatist

OSNN Senior Addict
now i understand. thanks man for all your help. you seem to always be the first to respond to all of my dumb questions and you always have smart and helpful answers.

seperatist

OSNN Senior Addict
i've actually repped you so much that i have to rep someone else before i can rep you again.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to dreamliner77 again."

lol

You can download a copy of dvdinfo to read the details off a DVD blank.

Fuji also puts their name on other people's media. My favorite DVD anecdote is the guy who bought a 100 pack spindle of Fuji's and found 3 different brands of blanks in it.

Tuffgong4

The Donger Need Food!!!!
Political User
let me know how it works...I have the 2500a and there are modded firmware for it to make it into your dvd burner so I can burn dl layer dvds...I've read everywhere it's the same hardware so it shouldn't be too dangerous for me...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seggar