• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

NCAAB - Duke vs FSU

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
#1
Anyone else watching this game? This has been one of the best games I have seen in a long time...
 

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
#5
Was a really great game.

Kind of silly though that with 1.7 seconds to go the fans stormed the court, and the refs called a Technical Foul against FSU, giving Duke 2 Free Throws.
 

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
#6
tdinc said:
Redick = Overrated..great college player..will get 0wned in the NBA..
He can shoot and use screens.

Rip Hamilton is sure not getting 0wned in the NBA.
 

mlakrid

OSNN BASSMASTER
Political User
#7
Sazar said:
He can shoot and use screens.

Rip Hamilton is sure not getting 0wned in the NBA.
Not to mention that they said the same thing about Reggie Miller when he was about to go into the NBA...

He is a Phenom whether you like it or not, and I am an FSU fan, and was supposed to be at the damn game :( work called.

ANYWAY, redick is the real deal... I know I will have him on my fantasy team as soon as he joins the NBA
:D
 

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
#8
mlakrid said:
Not to mention that they said the same thing about Reggie Miller when he was about to go into the NBA...

He is a Phenom whether you like it or not, and I am an FSU fan, and was supposed to be at the damn game :( work called.

ANYWAY, redick is the real deal... I know I will have him on my fantasy team as soon as he joins the NBA
:D
Meh, me, I'm going with Darko and Olowokandi.

YEAAAAAAHHH BABEEEE !!!

:cool:

I keed I keed !!!
 

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
#10
Morrison is good. He doesn't have a 'stache though. He has a 'stachette.

Maybe with a little more rogaine, he'll get one.
 
#12
ANYWAY, redick is the real deal... I know I will have him on my fantasy team as soon as he joins the NBA
:D[/QUOTE]

You will have a bench warmer on your fantasy team then. Could probably be a starter on the " SlowWhite and the 7 dwarfs" team. :laugh:
 
#13
kcnychief said:
Was a really great game.

Kind of silly though that with 1.7 seconds to go the fans stormed the court, and the refs called a Technical Foul against FSU, giving Duke 2 Free Throws.
That would be something that would never happen at the University of Kentucky. Winning is expected.
 
#14
Re: NCAAB - Duke

cat826237 said:
ANYWAY, redick is the real deal... I know I will have him on my fantasy team as soon as he joins the NBA
:D
You won't have to worry about any one else picking him before your turn.

Redick chokes again this year. 3 for 18
Redick in 2003 loss to Kansas scored 5 points 2 for 16
Redick in 2004 loss to UConn 4 for 12
Redick in 2005 loss to Mich. St. scored 13 points 4 for 14

If he makes an NBA roster he will see a lot of big quick black defenders,if he gets in for mop up duty.
 

mlakrid

OSNN BASSMASTER
Political User
#15
And your POINT?

Not everyone has great days everytime they play a high-profile game...
check your facts before spewing anti-jjredick CRAP...

now for FACTS instead of JJ Bashing:

422 – Three point shots *Most in NCAA History*
.922 – Highest career free throw percentage *Highest in NCAA History*
123 – Games with a 3-point shot out of 129 total games played
116 – Games Victories out of 129 = 89.92 Win percentage
3 – ACC Titles (hardest conference in NCAA Basketball)
3 time recipient – Adolf F Rupp Trophy Making him only the THIRD person in basketball history to win it more than once
Who are the other two? Im glad you asked: Only NBA GREATS Bill Walton and Ralph Sampson

Duke Career Scoring Leaders
1. J.J. Redick – 2,769
2. Johnny Dawkins – 2,556
3. Christian Laettner – 2,460
4. Mike Gminski – 2,323
5. Danny Ferry – 2,155

ACC Career Scoring Leaders
1. J.J. Redick – 2,769
2. Dickie Hemric – 2,587
3. Johnny Dawkins – 2,556
4. Rodney Monroe – 2,551
5. Bryant Stith – 2,516


I wonder what Coach Roy Williams would say about JJ Redick? I will tell you:

“I think that all of us coaches, players and media should be thankful that we got to watch J.J. Redick and Shelden Williams... I don't know of anybody that I have ever admired or respected more than J.J. He is so hard to guard and takes everybody's best shot.... I don't know if our league or any league is going to see guys like that come along very often.”
– UNC Coach Roy Williams

Once again I will say:I am NOT a DUKE fan, I am a JJ Redick fan however.
 

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
#16
Re: NCAAB - Duke

cat826237 said:
You won't have to worry about any one else picking him before your turn.

Redick chokes again this year. 3 for 18
Redick in 2003 loss to Kansas scored 5 points 2 for 16
Redick in 2004 loss to UConn 4 for 12
Redick in 2005 loss to Mich. St. scored 13 points 4 for 14

If he makes an NBA roster he will see a lot of big quick black defenders,if he gets in for mop up duty.
First off, the color of the skin does not make someone quicker. That comment right there totally destroys any credibility from the rest of your post.

And, as mlakrid posted, look at his career numbers. To lead DUKE in those categories is a statement enough in itself.

Even Michael Jordan choked from time to time. Difference is in the NBA there is 82 regular season games, in NCAAB there is roughly 30 or so. That makes your mistakes stand out more.
 
#17
Not to mention that they said the same thing about Reggie Miller when he was about to go into the NBA...

He is a Phenom whether you like it or not, and I am an FSU fan, and was supposed to be at the damn game :( work called.

ANYWAY, redick is the real deal... I know I will have him on my fantasy team as soon as he joins the NBA
:D
Hey mlakrid! Reddick giving you any help on your fantasy team? Just like I said, mop-up player. Average 5.7 ppg.

And kcnychief! Check the NBA out sometime, 95% quick, black and tall.
 

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
61,961
Messages
673,239
Members
89,014
Latest member
sanoravies