NBOX MSI FX5900 Ultra $439

Moved To Graphics Cards

Seems like a nice kit. If I had $450 to blow i would but that i na heartbeat.

JJB

Pretty good deal! Nice package, decent games...

Look up some of Sazar's posts on 256MB cards, though. There are no games that take advantage of them, and by the time there are, you'll be upgrading your card anyway because the GPU itself is too slow, not the RAM.

$270 for an OEM 5900 Ultra 128MB

Ok, So I wont have the money for it after all. So what do you guys recommend I get. Should I just do the 9800Pro? Or wait it out and see what happens to prices in November? I'm only interested in playing UT2003, UT2004, HL2, and Call of Duty at 80+ fps.

p.s. thanks for the link handybuddy

I recommend a 9800 Pro strongly (but I don't want to start a flamewar, NVidia people! Serious...;) ). It can be had for about $290 here. It is a little more expensive but (and here's the point of contention) quite a bit more future-proof and faster.

Ok. I made a decison..its going to be the 9800pro but what company has the fastest 9800 pro? I hear its sapphire. Is this true? And I have heard just buy the 9800 and flash the card to a 9800pro. Will this work as well?

Read about flashing to a 9800 Pro here.

The 9800 Pro is $50 more, but it's worth not having to risk getting the wrong memory chips. I'll venture that Sapphire has the Samsung memory that you need, but it's not guaranteed. Every online store you buy from will charge you a 10-20% restocking fee for a return, so you might gamble away your $50 savings if they send you the wrong card. :( I had a similar ordeal with my Radeon 9500-->9700.

"A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" :cool:

Go for the made by ATi version... best quality there, and just got for a full fledged pro, it's safer

all 9800pro makers generally have the same setup... ie pcb layout and everything else...

sapphire makes cards for ati fyi... therefore the BBA cards you see are sapphire made... generally...

since they are all pretty much the same... if you are getting a retail card... get a ncie little package if you can (ie software or games or whatever else) and keep an eye on teh warranties too :)

cruical have a nice rad9800pro going cheap with life time warrenty and wat not

cost me £253 with a 5% off promotional code :)

www.crucial.com

its basically the reference design

Originally posted by WildOptic
Ok which 9800pro is faster...in terms of gpu clock and memory.

Crucial 9800 Pro

ATI 9800 Pro

Sapphire 9800Pro Ultimate

I just have to choose which 9800pro.....so many choices.

they should all be the same clocks...

the sapphire option is interesting since it is a SILENT solution... note that it does take up 2 slots (agp plus first pci slot) for the passive cooler to fit...

im not totally sure, but i think the cruical one has slightly better ram. so mite o.c a bit more.... but highly unsure..
think i saw it on a webby somewhere.

Originally posted by acstua
im not totally sure, but i think the cruical one has slightly better ram. so mite o.c a bit more.... but highly unsure..
think i saw it on a webby somewhere.

that was teh case when they started making their 8500 series cards... or was the EXPECTED case :)

the quality of the chips is all good... and the difference is not that much...certain makers such as tyan and gigabyte IIRC have higher clocking chips (ie they are better overclockers) but again... this depends and is true on a card by card basis... but not for ALL cards...

Hmmm decisions decisions. Nice link by the way Handy.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back