Navman vs tomtom

Brother has got a Navman and it's pretty good. Can't comment on the Tom Tom though (except for their really annoying adverts here in the uk!)

man i am just hooked on that text to speech thing though.... but the navman looks so nice, this'll be my first gps unit.

I'm a salesman and of any electroninc device I have ever owned, my gps gives me the most pleasure

I don't have a recpmendation on either, I use something dell signed on with and added on to my pocket pc which you might want to look into, will save you a few hundred dollars and I believe it's faster due to more sophisticated hardware

check into that

i don't have a pocket pc and my laptop is a widescreen 17", so too big to use in the car for gps.

which gps sells well at your store?

TomToms are best sellers in my store, partly because of the ease of use and pretty good display, not to mention the larger screen than most other products. I've not seen a functional navman so far, but it too seems to be a pretty decent product.

One thing that bugs me the most about TomTom systems is that probably 70% of customers come back complaining that their unit is faulty when all it is is that the system has crashed. ie. not powering up. However, it's simple to fix - just press the reset button (need a paper clip or pin though).

EDIT: TomTom are introducing new add-ons for the car... Don't know if I'm allowed to mention them, but it's similar to the iTrip (if you catch my drift).

i'd catch your drift if i knew what you where saying! :)

one thing i don't like about tom tom and this is just from looking at the screenshots is that the image looks really jagged, the other garmin navman etc... look a lot more smooth. is this true?

i also don't think its acceptable for a unit to keep on crashing, no matter if all you need to do it reset it.

Not sure about the images since I've not seen the other products running.
I know it's a pain having to reset the unit when they freeze, but the question is, do the other products have a similar problem? I can't answer that one coz I've not used one before. :)

well now i'm thinking of the tom tom one as well, there are just so many to choose from.

I have a tomtom, its excellent, large clear screen, clear image and directions. not used the other so i can't compare but i have no complaints about the tomtom at all

I have a tomtom, its excellent, large clear screen, clear image and directions. not used the other so i can't compare but i have no complaints about the tomtom at all
I'd go with the NavMan.
I've got one and its great.
very accurate and the quality is great.
Like Khayman, i have not used the TomTom so...

van which navman do you have same for khayman what tom tom do you have?

van which navman do you have same for khayman what tom tom do you have?
I have the Navman ICN550
According to their website its close to the N60, but im most certain mine is fairly old.
But it works great.

well i ordered the n60i, it was the only one that initially really jumped out at me, also the cobra nav one looked pretty cool, i'll be getting it on tuesday, i'll let you all know what its like.

well i ordered the n60i, it was the only one that initially really jumped out at me, also the cobra nav one looked pretty cool, i'll be getting it on tuesday, i'll let you all know what its like.
cool.
Good choice.
Apparently it has a camera right?
the n60.

which should be cool.
and its cheaper.
which is really why i bought mine in the end, and im glad i did.

henyman which go do you have the 510 or the 910

hmmm now i;m thinking of cancelling and ordering something else, man i hate choice, why cant i just choose and be done with it haha :)

Last edited:
henyman which go do you have the 510 or the 910

hmmm now i;m thinking of cancelling and ordering something else, man i hate choice, why cant i just choose and be done with it haha :)
Why would you cancel your order?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back