Navman vs tomtom

it's an ace system, and a really good price for it as well. Vanquished, it's cheaper than the rest of the range cus it dont have the **** like europian maps, harddrvies, etc that other models have. it only has what i need. is ~$400.

it's an ace system, and a really good price for it as well. Vanquished, it's cheaper than the rest of the range cus it dont have the **** like europian maps, harddrvies, etc that other models have. it only has what i need. is ~$400.
Thats good.
I don't like the link though.
Has too much flashy stuff.
And no pic of the device on the first page, which always makes me iffy about a product.

heny whats so great about it, i was looking at it, but the visuals seem kinda crap, like not very smooth.

I've used the Tomtom on daily basis for a couple of months while I was in england. Overall its a good device, I honestly don't remember it crashing or getting stuck. The only thing it did do from time to time is point me to dead-ends, but I guess its a map update flaw and not a specific device flaw.

I even named it Becca :p

Last edited:
i am trying to figure out which of these to buy, the only reason i'd go with the tomtom is because of the txt-to-speech function, but overall the n60i looks so much better.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cu...omer-reviews.sort_by=-SubmissionDate&n=172282
tomtom go 910 $538

http://www.amazon.com/Navman-NavPix...1_9/105-1642752-8681263?ie=UTF8&s=electronics
navman n60i $$480

which would you choose.

Hmmmm... fold up map $2.50 :D

Heh heh, actually most mobile phones have GPS capabilities, so why spend that amount of money. My phone has it and it will give me voiced directions as well. I have yet to use it but all it costs is air time.

Heh heh, actually most mobile phones have GPS capabilities, so why spend that amount of money. My phone has it and it will give me voiced directions as well. I have yet to use it but all it costs is air time.
the phones with gps use a data download that you're charged for, in addition to your data plan, the display is going to be small, the voice is going to leave something to be desired

gps on the other hand is free, fast sophisticated, pleasant

also, the logistics using triangualation from cell antenae is not as accurate, sophisticated or fast as gps triangulation which uses dedicated satalites

precisely perris, the units i am interested in have sirfIII, gprs cant compete with that.

heny whats so great about it, i was looking at it, but the visuals seem kinda crap, like not very smooth.

visuals are spot on , and very accurate. i have found it to be very smooth and user friendly. Tom Tom are rated #1 for a reason ;)

I could never imagin using a phone to do gps...
All i would expect it to be is aweful slow and innacurate.

woo... they've come out with TomTom ONE XL. 4.3" screen :)

I have a GPS mouse (one of those things you plug in, and use the software on a laptop). Mine uses a SiRF II chipset and tracks up to 12 sattelites at once. I have found it to be very accurate and easy to use, enjoying it very much.

I use it for other things besides just navigation as well, I use it for Wardriving.

I have a GPS mouse (one of those things you plug in, and use the software on a laptop). Mine uses a SiRF II chipset and tracks up to 12 sattelites at once. I have found it to be very accurate and easy to use, enjoying it very much.

I use it for other things besides just navigation as well, I use it for Wardriving.

I thought u had a GPS mouse for your desktop.. lol :yowch:
Won't get far with that... tee hee :laugh:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back