NAV 2002 error

Bootsy

Huh?
I have Norton Anti-virus 2002. After a live-update, I started recieving this error wen my computer starts up.
Anyone have any idea how to get rid of it? Thanx

thanx for the reply, but I don't think its a problem with live-update...the error message appears only when I boot up the machine. The second link you posted is dead by the way.

Well I originally wrote a long reply stating that I also had this problem and outlining what I know, basically all I knew was that it was related to the updating of Norton Redirector. Just before I hit submit, I decided to do some research and bam I found exactly what I/we are after:

This error is caused by a conflict between the Symantec Redirector program update and a prereleased or beta version of NAV. Prerelease or beta versions of any Symantec software are not supported by Symantec. Contact the vendor that you purchased the software from to request a released copy of NAV.

To determine whether you have a prerelease or beta version of NAV, examine the version of Navapw32.exe . If the version of Navapw32.exe is less than 8.0.0.58, then you have a prerelease or beta version of the software. (For example, if you have version 8.0.0.41, then you have a prerelease or beta version of NAV.)

Search for the file and then go to right click>properties>version to see what version you have.

I've read that this problem probably only affects copies which have "fallen off the back of a truck", as the final product is supposed to have the .58 version. So if it came pre-installed on your comp from a shop you can pretty much go and blast them for giving you an old copy (I'll be doing some blasting soon).

Hope this helps,
Patrick

Yea I realized that it only affected the pre-releases, but I can't blast anyone teehee. I was just wondering if there was a way to fix the problem without having to reinstall...ogh well, I'll just re-install and not update the redirector. Thanx for the replies guys =]

how is this blasting done? can u show some pics of blasting? :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back