• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

NAV 2002 error

I have Norton Anti-virus 2002. After a live-update, I started recieving this error wen my computer starts up.
Anyone have any idea how to get rid of it? Thanx

thanx for the reply, but I don't think its a problem with live-update...the error message appears only when I boot up the machine. The second link you posted is dead by the way.

Well I originally wrote a long reply stating that I also had this problem and outlining what I know, basically all I knew was that it was related to the updating of Norton Redirector. Just before I hit submit, I decided to do some research and bam I found exactly what I/we are after:

This error is caused by a conflict between the Symantec Redirector program update and a prereleased or beta version of NAV. Prerelease or beta versions of any Symantec software are not supported by Symantec. Contact the vendor that you purchased the software from to request a released copy of NAV.

To determine whether you have a prerelease or beta version of NAV, examine the version of Navapw32.exe . If the version of Navapw32.exe is less than 8.0.0.58, then you have a prerelease or beta version of the software. (For example, if you have version 8.0.0.41, then you have a prerelease or beta version of NAV.)

Search for the file and then go to right click>properties>version to see what version you have.

I've read that this problem probably only affects copies which have "fallen off the back of a truck", as the final product is supposed to have the .58 version. So if it came pre-installed on your comp from a shop you can pretty much go and blast them for giving you an old copy (I'll be doing some blasting soon).

Hope this helps,
Patrick

Yea I realized that it only affected the pre-releases, but I can't blast anyone teehee. I was just wondering if there was a way to fix the problem without having to reinstall...ogh well, I'll just re-install and not update the redirector. Thanx for the replies guys =]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
loxioalix