NAT setup on MRI modem for edonkey

S

stewartbmw2000

Hi

I have this MRI ADSL Modem and this is the NAT setup page it gives me, I need to be able to open ports TCP 4662 and UDP 4672 for edonkey/emule

Problem is that I dont know all the values to get this working can some one give me the details required

The values I dont know are as follows

Local address from

Local address to

Global address from

Global address to

Destination Port from

Destination Port to

Local Port

Thanks in advance

Mapping for the TCP port:
Destination port: 4662
Local port: 4662
The rest blank or wildcard or whatever the router wants for "all".

Mapping for the UDP port:
Destination port: 4672
Local port: 4672
The rest blank or wildcard or whatever the router wants for "all".

cheers for instructions, very helpfull although I have another problem...

I've sorted that all out and everything is unfirewalled but I got major problems with yahoo messenger

I have opened all ports 20-5100 (every port yahoo MSN and emule uses) so every one is unfirewalled for everything (emule confirms this) but it seems like its fighting between each other as I can use chat and voice flawlessly but if some 1 else in the house comes on line then problems start to occur random getting kicked out and crashes, this is the same with MSN messenger and emule skips servers a lot.

any help much appreciated

You opened 20-5100?? You might as well just remove the firewall then mate. The major point of the firewall is to close of at least 0-1024 (the commonly known ports). The ports above should be blocked as well of course. So don't open any wide ranges, especially not below 1024.

I never got eDonkey to work with my router successfully. My advice is to not use it, not open up your computer so it can be infected by every common trojan out there.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back