NAT on ALcatel Speedtouch Home (Pro)

Lukas

Real Name No Gimmicks
Hi all,

I have an ALcatel Speedtouch Home ADSL modem. It runs on a stripped down unix kernel. It is possible however to turn this modem into a Pro version, gaining automatic dial-in, firewalling, dns server, dhcp server and always-on connectivity...

I 'upgraded' my Home model to Pro version using this tutorial. Everything is fine now, modem is connected to a hub now instead of a server machine with two NIC's and it is a working dhcp and dns server.

Just one problem: I don't know how to set up NAT to forward traffic from port 80 on the modem/router to my webserver on address 10.0.0.1.

Network setup is:

Alcatel Speedtouch on 10.0.0.138
Webserver on 10.0.0.1
two clients on 10.0.0.2 & .3

I want inconming traffic on port 80 on the modem to be forwarded to port 85 on 10.0.0.1 (port 80 on 10.0.0.1 is intrAnet website)

I looked around for manual, and I found this pdf document.

On page 185 there is info on creating a NAT entry:

SYNTAX:
nat create
protocol = <IP protocol name or number>
inside_addr = <ip-address>
[inside_port = <TCP/UDP service name or port number>]
outside_addr = <ip-address>
[outside_port = <TCP/UDP service name or port number>]

so that would give

nat create

protocol = TCP
inside_addr = 10.0.0.1
inside_port = 85
outside_addr = 0 (isp works with dhcp, so 0 creates template, it is replaced by the router's outside address)
outside_port = 80

After I do that the nat list command gives me this:

=>nat list
Indx Prot Inside-address:port Outside-address:port Foreign-address:port Flgs Expir State Control
1 6 10.0.0.1:85 217.136.186.24:80 0.0.0.0:0 instance
2 6 10.0.0.1:85 0.0.0.0:80 0.0.0.0:0 template

Foreign-address:port should change to my address when I try to connect to my outside address, but it doesn't.
Everything I get is: the pâge cannot be displayed.

Can anyone help please?

Greetz,

Lukas

... I think this is the longest time ever I had to wait on NTFS forum to get an answer...

:)

How did u get into the setups and such? My ISP probably changed the default settings (I believe its the same modem)

Assign 10.0.0.1 to the NIC that is connected to the modem and open 10.0.0.138 in your webbrowser.

You also can open a telnet session to 10.0.0.138.

Check out the tutuorial (my fisrt post in this thread)

Greetz

Lukas

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back