Napster??????

The first time I tried Morpheus, it didn't run correctly.

As for KaZaa, I have found a file that prevents it from spying. It also prevents the ad banners.

Paisley

wellllll tell everyone else who wants to download these trojans(they're still in there) how to do it....just whoever installs kazaa from here on, you're warned, so puhleeze back your box up, so you can have a clean computor when you decide to use a more honest service...I STILL WONDER WHY YOU WOULDN'T JUST USE AN HONEST SERVICE...like morpheus or bearshare

i know kazaa has something in it because a year ago I had downloaded it and when I went to upgrade from 98 to Me, ITS what was running secretly in the background and I coudlnt upgrade. Finally I found out. Damn Kazaa. Morpheus seems to be one of the best out there..

listen, you must not use kazaa, if you want to share your files, use an honest program, period, and why not? personally, I WOULDN'T USE KAZAA EVEN IF THERE WERE NOTHING ELSE, but there IS something else, SO USE AN HONEST SERVICE...when you delete kazaa, you will find it WILL BE almost impossoibl to get rid of all the files, so if t's possible for you to reformat, do it

i would have to say that anyone using Kazaa (or not using it for whatever reason) should DL morpheus, because like i said, it accesses the same users as Kazaa, and doesn't have the trojans.....and it's user based so there's no central server that can be shut down (ala Napster)....... on the other hand, i just read the article posted by lightwave on the front page news that mentioned a security loophole in Morpheus, although i am pretty sceptical as to whether it is true or not, because personally i feel it's probably just the music labels spreading bad publicity to keep people from using file sharing software, and i run a pretty tight ship when it comes to my computer and am always on the lookout for any program or anything else happening that i am not directly doing myself, and have had no problems when using morpheus....her's a link to that article if anyone who didn't see it is interested...
http://www.xp-erience.org/article.php?sid=964&mode=thread&order=0

well, alright, i've done some hunting and found the BBC News article that lightwave got his info from, here it is....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_1798000/1798095.stm

however, i found nothing else on all the searching i did that talked about the security issue, so i dunno, apparently word has not spread or users don't care, because i just signed onto morpheus, and there are 389,000 users online, which is a little short of average, and noone in any of the morpheus chats are talking about it....

well, i'll see what i can dig up tomorrow and post it here, and send it into waddy for front page....

bearshare scared the sh*t outta me when I first connected.. I saw more people scanning my port\machine in 2 min than I knew what to do with..
i took it off right away, went to Morpheus.. works great.. But as my downloading adventures continue.. I have found FTP is the way to go

I get all my mp's from FTP sites now, but I do buy albums too, so it's no big deal, I'm contributing to the music industry's need for raping the consumer :rolleyes:

listen, every company is in bussiness to make money...when these company's do make money, it's not rape. As far as sharing music files, the bottom line is these labels probably make more money due to the free advertising involved, so I think everyone benefits, and as technology grows, they have to grow or become extinct, BUT DON'T SLEEP BETTER BECAUSE YOU WANT TO CALL PROFIT "RAPE"...it's not, deal with your own self, and do not forget...THE WORLD IS ROUND

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back