Napster audio files bypassed.

mooo

thecyberninja
I dunno if anyone read this or if it was on the main page, but people are bypassing the napster hack. All they do is use the programs that can record the sound your computer makes, and then go on their way i guess. Really good idea, for all you people who want to snag all the songs you want for $15.

would it be noticed? if its playing directly through winamp and you are just capture what the audio sound slike i don't htink it would be THAT bad.

i dont like that though its ewwish low quality ( btw lets say it didnt lose quality, how long would it take for you to do that to all the songs you downloaded say 2000 songs?) lol a long ass time

yea
that was my only downside i have thought about. maybe just stream it, and then chop it later on?

streaming would be even lower quality and depeneding on ur connection would cut and be choppy

no no no.. i mean load the files in winamp, and let it flow and then just have 1 big file after aday.. then just use program to cut at the change, would have all the lengths

ohh ok i would rather just get all my songs for free from limewire, and not have to do anything to them lol

p2p program...just kazza and all that. I hate limwire! Long Live Bearshare :)

Limewire is the best p2p program you can get, zero spyware, zero dodgy files... its awesome.

Oh and the streaming loosing quality is not true, use replymusic, is records streams, cd quality and above.

i've used it loads and created albums, from it, no quality loss, it all depends on the stream quality

Limewire has slow speeds and takes forever to start downloading something.

TittleBitties said:
Limewire has slow speeds and takes forever to start downloading something.
For you maybe. P2P is always going to be based on the sources for a file, and the end users configuration, it's impossible to berate a P2P service simply based on your own experiences.

With regards to the Napster thing, it's nothing new. It's just unfortunate for the Napster guys that this incident went quite widely publicised.

this hack works with all services so i don't know why they are making it a big deal for napster.

sounds like a publicity scam to get more suckers to sign up for the service

egghead said:
sounds like a publicity scam to get more suckers to sign up for the service

Only problem being that (some of) the general public have common sense.

Most people are signing on for the free trial, downloading as much as they can, then cancelling the service. Lovely.

TittleBitties said:
p2p program...just kazza and all that. I hate limwire! Long Live Bearshare :)
ahh just to let u know bearshare comes with spyware, lol whenu and limewire is much better, i am using limewire pro and its really good, and limewire isnt like kazaa, kazaa is øøøøe

Winamp has that disk writer thing, any file converts to wav.
It worked for a windowsmedia7 DRM v1.0. One thing i noticed, it was done in realtime...whereas a conventional mp3 can be done in seconds.
quality loss wouldnt be a big deal. you might lose some of the higher frequencies, who cares.

themafia_69 said:
ahh just to let u know bearshare comes with spyware,lol whenu and limewire is much better, i am using limewire pro and itsreally good, and limewire isnt like kazaa, kazaa is øøøøe

Not sure what bearshare u use but i have never got spyware from it.

i dont use it but, it is bunled with spyware check ure add/remove programs dialog in control panel, and i dont remmber where i saw it read it somewhere on the net

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back