Name that application

lieb39

Apple lover, PC User
Hey!

Question, i have seen either many programs do this or just one. On many shows about hackers and/or wireless LANS the people take a laptop, load a application, drive around a city and the application picks up all the wireless lans, and infomation about them each, than after they drive around they show all the LANS. What application is this?

Thanks,

Dan

30 seconds searching Google will tell you the names of the programs

Such service is called WiFi. There are not any cities that are COMPLETELY wired that I know of. There are some hotels around cities that are wired in their lobbies.

Search for what key terms?

That helps, Un4gIvEn1 :rolleyes:
Now Burpster What keyterms?

it's called "War Driving" and its basically taking advantage of offices and other buildings that have chosen to use new Wireless (WiFi) technologies, its the same as hacking, but doing it on the move so to speak.

No i had no idea~ i thought it was the complete truth!
Yes i do, but i saw this on some tlc thing on hackers. all it is, is a program that scans usin a 802.11b card for local wireless LANS, when it finds one it downloads infomation on 'em, than list 'em. Come on, all i need is an answer. No more stuff about "your kiddin right?" and about movies. Thanks.

Thank you SPeedY_B, but what is the program they do it with?

Now WHY would YOU want to know this, Hmmmmm??? :confused:

Yer not think of doin somethin... Ummmm, BAD :eek: Are you??? :cool:

Please do not post any more questions reguarding or inquiring thereof Programs that may HACK another computer be it Stand Alone, Wireless/Laptop or otherwise. PLEASE.

And please no one answer such inquiries either. :cool:

This thread is now CLOSED. Thank you for visiting, Bye Bye...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back