Name Brand Goodness

BouncingSoul

Stranger Than Fiction
Political Access
So who is THE name brand in RAM these days? I used to use Corsair and/or Crucial but now there seems to be so many more choices. OCZ & Mushkin always seem to be highly regarded. Any thoughts?

So who is THE name brand in RAM these days? I used to use Corsair and/or Crucial but now there seems to be so many more choices. OCZ & Mushkin always seem to be highly regarded. Any thoughts?
Im a Corsair Fan.

think for mainstream users it's still Crucial. for performance it might still be corsair. :)

I use Corsair all the way. GSkill is very good, well known but not as the others.

Kingston's premium RAM seems to be well thought of now also. Unless you're running 533/1066 RAM speed I don't think it really matters much anymore.

The instability issues from shoddy RAM when the 400 mhz ram first came out seem to be gone.

The only advantage to the prmium RAM is a few less clock cycles required for refresh. And that just doesn't buy you enough speed improvement to spend the time and money on.

Wow! I never knew that RAM cost that much. Wow!

"enthusiast" ram costs a lot. cause it's...enthusiast ram!!!

corsair and ocz are the best high end ram... if i had to buy i'd probably go for ocz

kingston is pretty good for average ram

I personally endorse Corsair with all my friends and family, as well as using it myself. I think they offer some of the best cost/performance/warranty ratio.

I'm not sure what speed you are looking to get, but for example I would say this would be a good value from Corsair. Assuming from your previous post you wanted to get 2GB of DDR2 in a 2x1gb config.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145015

I personally endorse Corsair with all my friends and family, as well as using it myself. I think they offer some of the best cost/performance/warranty ratio.

I'm not sure what speed you are looking to get, but for example I would say this would be a good value from Corsair. Assuming from your previous post you wanted to get 2GB of DDR2 in a 2x1gb config.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145015
Same...
I am also moving towards the whole. If the specs are the same, so is the quality.
It didnt used to be that way, but i think a company with shotty quality would surely fail in todays market.

My choices in order of preference:

Corsair Best high-end Performance especially with overclocking...
Crucial Best midrange memory for both cost and performance
Kingston Best known most commercially used memory for PCs
OCZ disclaimer: I have NOT used OCZ but all their performances have been stellar... for slightly more PERSONALLY I would go with Corsair...

EDIT: or Mushkin, although it has been a LOONG time since I used their memory and after I started overclocking have not thought about using it since they havent followed with the top vendors for tweaking your rigs for top performance...

Hope this helps...

Last edited:
I tend to go with Crucal and/or Corsair in most cases, sometimes Kingston :)

I have 4GB of Corsair XMS2 DDR2 6400.

Not a big fan of Kingston, their website is horrible...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back