nagging issue in WindowsXP - ASUS GEFORCE 3 Ti4200

K

kdisc98

Hello.

I have a nagging issue in WindowsXP. When I play Direct3D or OpenGL games, I get momentary pauses during gameplay. This should not happen since my PC specs are high enough to handle gaming without such pauses. I find that these pauses occur when my hard disk is being accessed and I have tried every cache tweak(including cacheman) and I still have the same issue.

Does anyone know of a tweak or fix that can help me resolve this issue?

Thanks

Kdisc98

My computer:

PIII 1000Ghz , 256Sdram , 20Gig H.D , Dvd-rom x6 Hitachi, Cdrw x8 Yahamaha , Asus Geforce 3 Ti4200 ,Sound blaster live vaule , Motorola SurfBoard (Cable Momdem) , Asus cuvx-4e

PLZ I REALLY NNED HELP! :mad: :mad:

Have you tried closing all other open apps that are not needed to play games? Virus etc.

Welcome to the forums. :D

First,Thanks on the fast answer.
But yea,eveb if nothing working.
the game starts ok ,and than after a few seconds,it's start to be "jumpy" -u know what i mean ....

plz!!! any help andy idea! :mad:

Games+WinXpPro+AsusGf3Ti4200 NAgging problems

threads merged

please only post this in one area.. you will be helped :)

Have you got any of the Windows XP Powertoys installed?

Tried disabling nView? If u use it... well umm... disable it anyway cause nView was the source of a few problems for me.

ok first off... your system is not bad but if you are into hardcore gaming and run memory hungry games your system might be the bottleneck... ie the cpu perhaps or your memory...

256 ram should be enough but an upgrade to more memory might help...

if you are convinced that it is not hardware related do a couple of basic things... defragment your computer... search for and manually remove the temporary files stored on your computer (please make sure you know where this is... a mate of mine deleted an entire windows folder once and he was in online tech support lol)

also perhaps run at a lower resolution or with fewer eye candy options turned on...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back