n00b needs help/tips

oDin

xp m0nk3y
I want to make my own homepage. I would it like to have sections, tables, where it pulls the headlines from various sites and displays them. The active desktop stuff I have seen people using is pretty neat. Would I be able to incorporate that into a personal homepage?

Basically I would like to make a personal homepage, in the webspace provided by my ISP. On it I would like to have the headlines from other websites. When I click these headlines it would open up the corresponding website. It would also have a google search bar and maybe a calendar and a little notepad thing. Oh, and maybe something that checks my email accounts every x hours, and displays the number of new emails. Its been awhile since I have touched HTML, so I am kinda rusty. Anybody have any ideas as to how I can go about doing this stuff?????

Thanks
oDin.

The way I learnt was to experiment. To try and explain/tutor/suggest how to design/build a website would be meaningless, there are so many variables (software, styles etc.)
Try finding a site where there are tutorials and ideas, there are many around. Put "web designing" through a google search and see what happens!! ( I got 400 hits)

You'll need more than HTML that's for sure. I suggest a server side scripting language like PHP or ASP. Perl will do as well. The details i don't know about though. :)

PHP eh....anybody know of sites on the net where i can learn about it?

The bets way to learn php is to get a book on it, just look one up on amazon, thats how i'm learning

well from what uv explained...(drop down menus) and all..the best place that i know of to goto would be: http://www.hotscripts.com/

comes with LOTS of scripts allready made.....check it out

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back